Home made trunk/deck cover almost finished!

yamil008

I've been thinking about doing something like this since the first time I took the hard top off. First, I did a waterproof fabric cover that worked great for rain but not for security and heavy cargo. Finally, I got my chance to start working with this project last weekend. It took me 5 days in total, working with it on and off each day. I designed so that the sides would be fixed with rivets but the center is removable with just 4 screws. This way I don't loose the benefit of greater cargo area with the seats down. Painted everything with bedliner, I hope it holds good. The holes around the seatbelt post will be covered by a waterproff boot still on the works.

Let me know what you think

Thanks!

IMG_1635.jpg

IMG_1649.jpg

IMG_1647.jpg

IMG_1638.jpg

IMG_1701.jpg

IMG_1700.jpg

IMG_1699.jpg

IMG_1698.jpg

IMG_1697.jpg

IMG_1691.jpg

IMG_1687.jpg

IMG_1684.jpg

IMG_1683.jpg

IMG_1682.jpg

IMG_1681.jpg

IMG_1678.jpg

Army_Vet

Banned
I've been thinking about doing something like this since the first time I took the hard top off. First, I did a waterproof fabric cover that worked great for rain but not for security and heavy cargo. Finally, I got my chance to start working with this project last weekend. It took me 5 days in total, working with it on and off each day. I designed so that the sides would be fixed with rivets but the center is removable with just 4 screws. This way I don't loose the benefit of greater cargo area with the seats down. Painted everything with bedliner, I hope it holds good. The holes around the seatbelt post will be covered by a waterproff boot still on the works.

Let me know what you think

Thanks!

Nice first post; why don't you take A min and introduce yourself. We are a social bunch.

Good work BTW

ssgp2

I really like want you have done!!!!

I have the same concerns with a soft top or topless, having valuables in a Wrangler is looking for trouble.

If I may, I would suggest a floor board on tracks that can be pull out for easy access and anchor points on the top for securing things like an Arby fridge.

Also, you have about a year before I buy my Jeep, so by then I hope you'll have a product I can purchase and quickly install...
:D

Redfive

Been trying to figure out how to make one myself. I always over engineer stuff, which leads confusion or difficulty building stuff. I was having a hard time on the support frame. Thank you for simplifying it for me. Any way my top will be wood and probably using steel instead of aluminum.

I do have one question, it appears you built it to lay on top of tub. I saw you have a hard top, so any issues? I figured hardtop wouldn't fit properly.

fatherof5

I'd like to look at doing something like this but with wood... Will wood accept a bedliner type material?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MoonyJohn

Looks awesome! I like how you incorporated the lid. I didnt do that with mine, I just mainly did mine for security. A+ Man!

Top Bottom