JK Rubicon Transfer case wanted

13gecko

Hey guys looking for a Rubi t-case. If anyone here has one they are looking to sell let me know. Or if you know where to get one, point me in the right direction please. I know they are hard to fine so help a brother out! Thanks in advance guys.

kawa001

You can find Rubi transfer cases at many of the JK engine swap shops. They go like hot cakes though and you have to make sure you get the right one for your JK. Since I have an automatic tranny I had to find a 2012 or later Rubicon with automatic transmission. Patience and persistence required. Check with lswrangler.com or turnkeyengine.com. I got mine from Turnkey last month.

Just know that if you have an automatic late model JK Sport and you install a Rubi transfer case you will have to get the PCU programmed to the new transfer case ratio.

13gecko

Ok awesome!!!! I'll check those places out. I'm glad I have a manual 6 speed :) hope they arnt charging an arm and a leg like some places near me. One place wanted 2000!!! Pshht I can buy a brand new one from the dealer for a little more than that.

1BAMFR

3 options...

Find one out of a wrecked Rubicon(this is what I have)

Find one from a guy who upgraded

Go to the dealer and buy a brand new one

Start looking online and searching salvage yards they are out there. Be sure it is a "rock-trac 4:1" model

TheDuff

2k!??!!! At that point I would just go for an atlas

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

1BAMFR

I agree. Just bolt up and go.

As you know the Non-Rubi case sucks!

If you have the 6spd. you are either going to slow and it stalls or your going too fast and you start banging your Jeep around.

The Rubi case will allow you to "crawl" and you will not need the clutch as much while offroading.

13gecko

As you know the Non-Rubi case sucks!

If you have the 6spd. you are either going to slow and it stalls or your going too fast and you start banging your Jeep around.

The Rubi case will allow you to "crawl" and you will not need the clutch as much while offroading.

Yep exactly. I have 5.13 gears so it helps out a little but would like to get my hands on a rubi tcase.

13gecko

You can find Rubi transfer cases at many of the JK engine swap shops. They go like hot cakes though and you have to make sure you get the right one for your JK. Since I have an automatic tranny I had to find a 2012 or later Rubicon with automatic transmission. Patience and persistence required. Check with lswrangler.com or turnkeyengine.com. I got mine from Turnkey last month.

Just know that if you have an automatic late model JK Sport and you install a Rubi transfer case you will have to get the PCU programmed to the new transfer case ratio.

Just talked to turnkeyengines.com and they were sold out. BUT....He has one set aside for me from a swap scheduled at the end of march!!! Awesome thanks for the info brother.

13gecko

Just talked to turnkeyengines.com and they were sold out. BUT....He has one set aside for me from a swap scheduled at the end of march!!! Awesome thanks for the info brother.

And just kidding.....He only gets t cases off 2012 and up autos he said.

mrdempsy

I have one. Was looking through the threads and noticed you want a Rubi t case. I bought mine from Motech(mentioned in this thread) and don't need it now. I'm in So Cal and can ship it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Heholua

I have one. Was looking through the threads and noticed you want a Rubi t case. I bought mine from Motech(mentioned in this thread) and don't need it now. I'm in So Cal and can ship it.

If it's for a 2012 automatic, I'm interested.

13gecko

What year? Miles? Auto or manual 6 speed? Thanks for the reply

mrdempsy

Sorry I didn't get back to you. Got confused after some questions about fitment for the T case from someone else. I called Robbi at Motech at the T case is out of a 10 or '11 JK. Has less than 40k miles on it. I bought it from them a few months ago, went a different direction with my project and don't need it. If you still want it I'm asking $1000 + shipping is about $75-100.

Top Bottom