RUSTY : 1972 Jeep J2000 Pick-Up Truck

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Cindy and I have owned a lot of Jeeps over the years and if it weren't for the fact that we had been living in a SoCal condo with little to no room, I think we may have kept quite a few of them. Of course, now that we live up in Carson City with a lot more land, a 6 bay garage and most importantly, NO SMOG LAWS, we started to get the itch to build up our family again. And, of all the Jeeps that we've always wanted but could never really own in SoCal, a truck was high on our list of things to get first. Much to our surprise, there are quite a few up in Northern Nevada and when we came across this gorgeous truck, we knew we had to get it.

Say hello to Rusty - a totally stock 1972 Jeep J2000 Pick-Up Truck with a 360 V8 under the hood!!

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

How can you not love the old school emblems...
main.php

main.php

main.php

A few shots from the inside...
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

A look at the totally factory AMC 360 V8 motor under the hood...
main.php

A few shots underneath...
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

And finally, where Rusty got his name...
main.php

While Rusty does need some work, I am happy to say that he runs great and even DRIVES well for a truck that is 42 years old. Before anyone asks, I don't think we'll be building him up to be a rock crawling monster but rather, just take our time fixing him up and maybe making a few extra improvements. I hope you'll enjoy following his progress. :cool:

JKUx

Wow, that is in great condition from the pics! I'm sure this will get the mod-treatment as well...Congrats!:👍:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
RUSTY is SAAWEEETTTT!!!! :rock: i love it! cant wait to see the minor improvments you give to him

JKU EXTREME

I Officially RRREEEAAALLLLYYYYY HHHAAATTTEEE you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wanted a Jeep truck too! :...(

Congrats though, do I hear 40"s?

JAGS

Hooked
If pictures do it half justice, that there is great find you guys. :thumb: Since you said stock, did you guys buy from the original owner. Will be cool to see you polish him up a bit. Most importantly, what's the lic plate going to read.

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
I see that he has the old skool horn too. I LOVE the sound of that horn. I tried to emulate it on my JK but it didn’t turn out so good. :grayno: I’ve been thinking of pulling the one off my CJ and put it on the JK.
A Jeep truck is in our future … but after the CJ is done.

Rusty

He looks in superbe shape for his age.... On another note this might get confusing lol

Congrates on the new member of the family!

PJScullyJr

WOW.... my father had a 1971 just like that but it was a 3 speed, that truck went anywhere.

That's a truly awesome find!!! Congrats!!

Sent from my Z10 using WAYALIFE mobile app

13gecko

Awesome!!! I know they are hard to fine in that condition. That's definitely a keeper.

Oh by the way...think you misspelled wayalife on the license plate :)

Top Bottom