Irish Build Thread

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
As a few of you so kindly suggested, the first mod is in and drum roll....it's a fire extinguisher.

To be exact it is a HalGuard HG250 in black mounted to a Drake OffRoad Fire Extinguisher Mount paired with their JK Front Seat Mount.

Install is very straight forward although if the bolts on your front seats were as tight as mine were, a breaker bar would be very handy to help with the 18mm socket.

IMG_4830.jpg IMG_4829.jpg IMG_4828.jpg IMG_4832.jpg IMG_4831.jpg

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
Finally Evo'ed

Got the new Jeep back from ORE last week. Couple of quick pics.

IMG_2108.jpg IMG_2119.jpg

Lots of little work left to do but totally stoked!

Installed:

-Evo Long Arm
-Evo Weld In Front Brackets with 12" Coilovers
-Evo Leveler
-Rear Air Bumps
-Prorock 44 Unlimited
-5.13 Gears
-Rock Hard Sports Cage
-Rock Hard Skids
-PSC Hydro Assist
-JE Reel 1350's
-Genesis Dual Battery Kit
-DJ Safety 10LB Fire Suppression System
-Bunch of other stuff I'm sure I am forgetting

Last edited:

SDG

Caught the Bug
Looks good man. What all did you have done? Other than the obvious skins sliders tire carrier?

Is that a currie antirock I see on the rear?

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
Oh I bet, but I'm sure it was worth the wait. nice rig! Not too many folks with evo lever

You know, I can't rally figure out how many are out there. Every time I go to Evo I wonder where they all are coming from. Someday sit seems like everyone has DTD and 60/80's. I guess that's just a very small, rare sampling.

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
Badass rig Irish. Can't wait to see it on the Rubicon. :thumb:

I know right, lot to do though still before then.

Radios are one of the next items to tackle. I think I am going to try and run a Cobra 29 CB and a Yaesu Ft-2900R HAM both mounted from the center section of the cage. I probably just need to buy them both and mock it up to see if it will work.

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
August 2014 Trip

In August 2014 my wife and I loaded up the Jeep for some much need time away with an end goal of northwest Montana. Below is a few photos of the highlights of our trip which was 12 days and covered over 2,200 miles including 200 miles off pavement. We stopped in Zion National Park, Toole, UT to see some great off road racing, a couple of historic places in Idaho, one working cattle ranch in Montana, and plenty of time in the Flathead Valley Area.

On our way to Las Vegas, California's Solar Generator Plant. These things are extremely bright and cannot be described unless you see them in person.
IMG_2540.jpg

Sunset on the I15 near the Nevada, Arizona and Utah border.
IMGP1628.jpg

View from our hotel room patio in Springfield, UT at the west gate of Zion National Park.
IMGP1651.jpg

Zion National Park photos. Truly remarkable beauty and we can't wait to get back and explore the area.
IMGP1655.jpg IMGP1664.jpg IMGP1669.jpg IMGP1670.jpg

Stopped in at Toole, UT to see the Discount Tire race team in action at the Ultra 4 Championship. What an awesome event. Mel Wade was definitely fastest in class but an unfortunate time with a fuel line resulted in a 3rd place finish. Even with torrential rains the previous night, Mel ran Nitto's new Exo Grapplers and they were extremely impressive in both the mud and the rocks.

The 4500 class race was very impressive with a ton of action. The highlight of the day though was the big boys in the 4400 class. Shannon Campbell put on quite a show and was racing for the lead when a touch of wheels sent him head over heels six times.
IMGP1695.jpg

IMG_2584.jpg

Three class podium drivers of the day.
IMG_2574.jpg

A stop in at EBR-1, the worlds first nuclear reactor first established in Idaho in 1947. We stopped in here randomly and it turned out to be a very worthwhile tour through history.
IMGP1715.jpg

Shutdown!
IMGP1719.jpg

32 panes of glass used for experimental viewing.
IMGP1724.jpg

Next we stopped at The Craters of the Moon National Park. This place seriously is like leaving Idaho for the moon!
IMGP1734.jpg

Required selfie.
IMGP1751.jpg

IMGP1756.jpg

On to the Ranch to set up camp for the night. That is, if the locals will let us pass.
IMG_2599.jpg

IMG_2604.jpg

Not a shabby place to wake up to in the morning.
IMGP1765.jpg

IMGP1771.jpg

To be continued....

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Great rig and great pics. Thanks for sharing. :thumbup:

Sent from a galaxy far far away.

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
August 2014 Trip

A short drive and a hike to a scenic waterfall.
IMGP1793.jpg

Looking back on our camp spot.
IMGP1809.jpg

A stop in at the lake barn for lunch and some relaxing kayaking.
IMG_0230.jpg

IMG_0236.jpg

IMG_0241.jpg

IMG_2621.jpg

More angry locals.
IMGP1811.jpg

Time to do some cleaning.
IMGP1816.jpg

Getting some trigger time.
IMG_2626.jpg

IMG_2640.jpg

Not a bad 91 on a tough course.
IMG_2657.jpg

Exploring the Blacktail Forest area west of Flathead Lake in Montana. Wild Bill Blacktail OHV area was built recently by a local group and climbs almost 4,000ft for some great views of the area. Mostly just a gravelly trail with some pretty extreme man built obstacles that would definitely make for fun day of play with others. If you go, be sure to be aware of bears as we saw plenty of signs of recent activity.
IMG_2686.jpg

A lot of the obstacles are built for UTVs and buggys and would make for some challenges to a fullsize JKU.
IMG_2699.jpg

After completing the trail, a stop in at the Tamarack Brewing Company in Lakeside, MT to see an old friend from home who is the brewer and have a great lunch on their patio by the creek.
IMG_2702.jpg

Another round of golf at Whitefish South Golf Course.
IMG_2716.jpg

An afternoon of hanging out at Whitefish Lake.
IMG_2726.jpg

To be continued.....

Top Bottom