Easter Jeep Safari Newb (2014)

chasAZmtbr

This year will be my first time attending EJS so I would like to know what tips would you have for an EJS newb. What are the best trails for really experiencing Moab? Any restaurant recommendations? Basically what's the best way to experience EJS?

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
EJS is awesome every year! The Moab Brewery has excellent food along with Zax. About the only place we did not like very well was the Blu Pig BBQ. As far as trails:

Hells Revenge
Fins
Golden Spike/Poison Spider
Elephant Hill for awesome scenery
Moab Rim

Buy Bill Wells Moab book for some really good trail maps and descriptions.

chasAZmtbr

Just googled the Moab Brewery, definitely gonna check this place out. How hard will it be to get on Hells Revenge, Moab Rim and Goldspike? Do the trails fill up quick? I'll be up there the 17th -21st. Thanks for all the advice

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
Just googled the Moab Brewery, definitely gonna check this place out. How hard will it be to get on Hells Revenge, Moab Rim and Goldspike? Do the trails fill up quick? I'll be up there the 17th -21st. Thanks for all the advice

If you are going to run the trails with the official groups you need to be signing up and paying now as a lot of the trails are filling up. Otherwise you just need to either run them on our own or hook up with other forum members.

chasAZmtbr

just registered for trails.

Hey Joe Canyon on 4/17
Hell's Revenge on 4/18
Top of the World on 4/19

April can't come soon enough

Looks like we'll be running 'Top of the World' together on Saturday... we're first timers to EJS, also. We signed up for 'Cameo Cliffs' on Monday and 'Seven Mile rim' on Thursday. Can't wait!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Cschueren

Looking forward

Getting anxious for the trip. Some quality time with my son, I am sure he will be hating it.

Rincos

Event calendar !

Hi Guys !

Is there a calendar with all the events organised during 2014 ? And if so is there a link to all events details >?

Thanks !

dahreno

Banned
Not to thread jack but, how do you guys get there? Drive the Jeeps of tow them. Last time I drove my JKUR there, it cost a lot in gas. Now I want to take my new Jeep and it is even worse on gas !

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
Not to thread jack but, how do you guys get there? Drive the Jeeps of tow them. Last time I drove my JKUR there, it cost a lot in gas. Now I want to take my new Jeep and it is even worse on gas !

I drive it and burn gas!

Rooster jk

The only way is to drive.....no trailer queens

Last July we drove the Jeep up there from AZ and it wasn't too bad on the gas use... But for EJS we're flat towing it behind the motorhome.

chasAZmtbr

I'm driving all the way from Tucson. I'll be visiting quite a few gas stations between here and Moab.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
Moab can be pretty dusty and depending on what type of air filter you have, I would recommend a pre-filter if you're running a CAI, I also recommend taking an extra air filter to have a nice clean one for the drive home.

I have a CAI with an oil filter but for Moab I run the non-oil version with a pre-filter, makes it easier to remove and clean each night. When it's time to go home I put the still clean oil filter back in and no worries.

If you didn't already know, you are on your own for any drinks and food during the trail runs so make sure you have a cooler and ice if needed, try to keep your tank full - fuel up at night or be sure to allow enough time in the morning. when they say you carry out everything you make...that means "everything" you make, makes you think about what you'll have for lunch :doh:

It's a lot of fun! I think I'm running Top of the World on Saturday as well. :beer:

Last edited:
Top Bottom