Trouble mounting slab beadlocks

Tmac

I've never had beadlocks so bare with me, I can't get the ring to sit flush on the wheel. It's almost like the bead on the super swampers I'm trying to mount is too thick? Don't know if a gap is ok between the wheel and ring or not? Just don't want to over torque the bolts. Any help or info would be great! Thank you in advance.

StrizzyChris

When you say flush, do you mean that the ring is level all the way around the tire or that the ring metal is directly on rim metal flush? If the latter, then no it wouldn't be flush and you can expect to have an internal gap. Fallow the torque specs for the bolts and keep working in a circle. Over torque them and risk stripping the rim threads or snapping a bolt. You just want to make sure the tire is completely around the wheel's mounting lip uniformly, and not caught up on it at all.

pvanweelden

What type of beadlock rim is it?
Edit- doh :banghead: didn't read the whole title :mad:

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

4Low

ATX Slabs there is a good write up on the jeep tech section.

Sent from my XT1030 using WAYALIFE mobile app

2trackin

Use a rubber mallet to get the bead on the rim. Then set your ring on and start the securing process. And like others have mentioned. Watch the video it does a great job as a tutorial.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Tmac

I watched the video, the bead on those nittos are not even half as thick as my Super Swampers. Being a super stiff tire doesn't help matters either.....

2trackin

If the bead is all the way seated. Will the bolts still thread into the wheel through the ring or is it still to far out? If it'll thread, start the tightening process. The the inside of the bead that holds the air. The outside will crush so to speak down a bit between the ring and bead of the wheel the tire will be held in place.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom