Question: Onboard air + ARB locker?

DiggaDon

Hey guys

I'm going to be throwing some after market lockers into the jeep in the not-too-distant future. It's coming down to Eaton lockers or ARB lockers. The epic battle of E lockers vs. Air lockers. ARB seems to be winning the battle simply on long standing reliability, even though they're a little more pricey.

The question I have though, is do they have to have a dedicated onboard air? Or can I use any onboard air?

It'd be super convenient if my lockers ran from the same reservoir that I used to air my tires up with afterwords.

/inexperience

Last edited:

ttfhell

You can use the same compressor for both. You just need the right parts. Both my lockers are run off a viar compressor and there is also a coupling in cab for tire filling.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
You can use the same compressor for both. You just need the right parts.

this!^^ i run the ARB twin air compressor. i run my rear locker and fill up my tires off of it. it is located under my hood utilizing the M.O.R.E under the hood mount.

here is a pic

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1385843739.435855.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1385843739.435855.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 72

DiggaDon

this!^^ i run the ARB twin air compressor. i run my rear locker and fill up my tires off of it. it is located under my hood utilizing the M.O.R.E under the hood mount.

here is a pic

Is that compressor designed to run the front and rear locker and you only use it for the rear and auxillary whatever? Or could you run both lockers and use the compressor to air up as well?

seanb123

Is that compressor designed to run the front and rear locker and you only use it for the rear and auxillary whatever? Or could you run both lockers and use the compressor to air up as well?

Can easily do both and use it to air up too

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

it can run both front and rear. i only have a locker installed in the rear and the front is open still.

Top Bottom