flat fenders or leave it as it is?

dentdude36

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392480068.268109.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392480093.583012.jpg i have already removed the oem running boards and put bushwacker rocker guards on and my rrc rock sliders will be here in couple days, my question is should i put flat fenders on or leave it as it is?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice looking rig! I'd say if you don't have any rubbing issue, leave it as it is... :yup:

Agreed. Jeep looks great and if you don't have any issues, there's nothing wrong with leaving things as is. Sure, I run trimmed fenders but only because I needed the extra room to run bigger tires and still keep my stance low.

dentdude36

thanks for the input and compliments i was leaning towards keeping as is and spend the $ on a different mod

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
If it were me and there were no rubbing issues, I would leave it as is. It looks great. If you chop the fenders, your opening up a lot of wheel well and will probably want bigger tires to fill them again.

Rccrwlr

thanks for the input and compliments i was leaning towards keeping as is and spend the $ on a different mod

There are quite a few threads about cutting the stock flairs to make them flat so you may want to look at that. No need to spend $$. I personally like the look of the stock fender with the larger tires so unless you need to trim because of rubbing I would leave them be.

dentdude36

no problems with rubbing at all, a friend of mine cut his and the fronts seem to rattle a bit

Hack12

View attachment 69250 View attachment 69251 i have already removed the oem running boards and put bushwacker rocker guards on and my rrc rock sliders will be here in couple days, my question is should i put flat fenders on or leave it as it is?

Very cool looking rig! I think your flares look great the way they are. However, if you're worried about cutting up your only set of flares then I would suggest shopping around here for a used set of just the outers. People sell them all the time for very reasonable prices. You could chop those up and mount them and if you aren't satisfied with the look you can always re-install your uncut flares. I've been mulling over the same exact same question in my head recently. I love the look of everyone's cut up factory flares but just can't seem to visualize how my rig would look with them cut.

I'd appreciate anyone's opinion on my setup too! To chop, or not to chop? That is the question.

photo 57777.JPG photo 4 (1) 1.jpg photo 2 (17) 1.jpg photo 3 (11) 1.jpg photo 5.jpg

2trackin

Leave it. Looks good. I'd only cut or go flat in the case of 37s.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

dentdude36

thanks again everyone for the advice Im going to keep it the way it is

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
looks good as is. If you want to think your tires are a lot smaller, then go flats lol. Thats what happened to me, but i needed the clearance of flats.

Top Bottom