tuned my Fox Shocks with salt

2trackin

So my 3.5" RK max travel lift using Evo Plush ride coils and Fox 2.0 reservoir shocks on my 2014 2 door Rubicon rides stiff as could be. Today I tossed in 200lbs of water softener salt and it was 100% night and day better. So I guess I could either revalve my shocks or ride around with 200lbs of salt.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

aaronstephen

I would definitely check your tire pressure. Could be that simple.

But, I have a 2 door with a very similar situation. oME coils and bilsteins. Rides rough. 25 psi in my tires as well. Then I three 120# of sand bags in the rear and it now drives MUCH better.

I had a 4 door with your setup and it drove awesome. Big difference between the two different jeeps.

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I would definitely check your tire pressure. Could be that simple.

But, I have a 2 door with a very similar situation. oME coils and bilsteins. Rides rough. 25 psi in my tires as well. Then I three 120# of sand bags in the rear and it now drives MUCH better.

I had a 4 door with your setup and it drove awesome. Big difference between the two different jeeps.

Which OME coils did you get? The HD +40 to give you a bit more lift? I've run them and the OME medium duty coils and found both to be way too stiff for my taste. The OME light duty coils were nice but didn't offer much lift.

aaronstephen

I actually have the light duty coils and with no rear bumper and a light front I'm at 3"

jeeeep

Hooked
when I bought my lift the vendor asked me what add-ons I was planning so they could match the springs for any additional weight.

Empty it's a little stiff but loaded it's much better - so far I've only added the front bumper, but soon winch and rear bumper will be put on.

I contemplated swapping out for EVO springs but am waiting to see how the add-on weight affects the ride.

Right now I do pack about 150# of sand bags for a better ride

The only thing I would suggest is to out the weight of your rear bumper in to see how it is going to ride. That will give you a better idea. Are you planning on running armor in the future? Putting the 150lbs of sand is letting you know the additional weight that you will need to get a better ride. Compare the cost of the mods vs new springs and see which is a better route. JMHO

R/
Will

Sent from my fRuit product using WAL

2trackin

How much air are you running in your tires? Could be you've just got too much.

I'm running only 23psi in the rear and 25 up front. These 37" toyos are rock hard I know. Last weekend I drove about 12 miles home aired down from the local orv park. Their air compressor had quit working and rather than stop at the gas station I just drove home. 5psi was actually a pretty smooth ride home lol.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Devallee

How much air are you running in your tires? Could be you've just got too much.

Don't mean to hijack, but how much air would you recommend in my 35" toyos and 20" rims? I noticed my tire pressure was low one day and put air in them and I instantly noticed a stiffer ride. I'm just not sure how low I can take them to get a little softer ride and still be safe

TheDuff

Don't mean to hijack, but how much air would you recommend in my 35" toyos and 20" rims? I noticed my tire pressure was low one day and put air in them and I instantly noticed a stiffer ride. I'm just not sure how low I can take them to get a little softer ride and still be safe

I run my 35's at 30 psi and know others that go even lower. Really, it comes down to how low your willing to go and deal with the trade offs of poorer mpg, more sluggish performance, and tire wear. Some people like to chalk test their tires (masking tape works also), to make sure they will get even tire wear.

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom