Camper project

Ed Lapadura

I'm starting a camper build. Bought the first parts today. Military Wheels and tires from a army trailer. 37's and two piece wheels. I'll post a pic of the trailer tomorrow. This is going to be a blast! :rock: CAM00469.jpg

Ed Lapadura

And here's the trailer 6 IN lift and I'm fabing up an 8 lug 1 ton axle next week. I'll post up the progress as I go get-attachment.jpg

mrmet1983

Subscribed to this for sure looking to make one myself in the spring

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
Awesome Ed.......If you need any help with it you LMK.....I've been wanting to do the same myself!!.....Now I can watch and maybe help you build yours and then steal your ideas and tell everybody they were mine....LOL!!

~Woodrow~

Ed Lapadura

The ideas for this project are running through my head but right now I'm cutting 15 acres of grass at the barn

Sent from my LG-P659 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Ed Lapadura

Inside dia. of the trailer is a convenient 4x8 that makes the floor easy. The top I'm going to do like my trailer in the army in this pic only about 18" taller. That shot is in Korea 1981, I had that one set up. ;)
CAM00473.jpg

Ed Lapadura

Went today and picked up the material To do the axle. Measured twice cut once welded the spindles to the 2x2 square tube for the axle and installed it on the trailer. Of coarse the fenders are way too small so I gota fab up some tomorrow at work.. My goal was to set it up to ride level with a straight out receiver (no drop at the hitch) CAM00473 (7).jpg CAM00473 (6).jpg CAM00473 (8).jpg CAM00473 (9).jpg ATTACH=CONFIG]69733[/ATTACH] CAM00473 (2).jpg

Attachments

• CAM00473 (5).jpg
    CAM00473 (5).jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 817

Ed Lapadura

I've got 2 inches of clearance between the sidewall and the trailer. The fenders will be sheet medal with 3/8 tubing to reinforce the edges. CAM00473 (4).jpg

SDG

Caught the Bug
Thats looking real nice Ed!!!

Are you going to run a a normal hitch or a pintle?

Top Bottom