Need help with EVO bolt on coilovers.

cuongdyna

I need to replace my upper springs on coilovers. I have to springs. I just need someone's help and tell me how to remove the springs. After I removed the coilovers from my jeep.

Thanks

mrmike

I need to replace my upper springs on coilovers. I have to springs. I just need someone's help and tell me how to remove the springs. After I removed the coilovers from my jeep. Thanks

Once you have the shock off you need to simply undo the pre-load and take the lower spring seat off. On the Kings you need some kind of tool to spread it with.

cuongdyna

Once you have the shock off you need to simply undo the pre-load and take the lower spring seat off. On the Kings you need some kind of tool to spread it with.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392582608.558118.jpg

I should have put up this picture. My question should have been. After you remove the coilovers how do you remove the this to drop the springs.

That the picture is of the rear. It was just an easier to take a picture but the fronts are the one that I'm replacing.

Last edited:

ttfhell

Push up on the coils to take pressure of the metal retainer and wiggle. There is no spreader tool.

mattamd_xp

The easiest way to take them off the vehicle is to jack it up from the frame until the load is completely taken off the shocks. Then unbolt them from the vehicle. The top of the coilover should have an adjusting nut that needs to be loosened to remove the pre-load on the springs. With the pre-load removed, the coils slide up enough for the bottom cup to lift up off the bottom of the shock and slide off the shaft. drop the springs off the bottom and replace the one you want to and reverse the removal process. :thumb:

ttfhell

You don't need a spreader tool? You do it all on your own hmmmm

This is tool I used both times. lol ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392587521.997369.jpg
If you take all the preload off it should be good. You can have someone push down on the coils if they are super tight while you wiggle.

I used a spring/coil compression tool. Worked like a charm. You can rent them from Auto Zone or another auto parts store with a tool rental program.

Top Bottom