Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need help with EVO bolt on coilovers.

Need help with EVO bolt on coilovers.

I need to replace my upper springs on coilovers. I have to springs. I just need someone's help and tell me how to remove the springs. After I removed the coilovers from my jeep.

Thanks

I'm thinking of doing the same what springs are you going with

Caught the Bug
    Quote Originally Posted by cuongdyna View Post
    I need to replace my upper springs on coilovers. I have to springs. I just need someone's help and tell me how to remove the springs. After I removed the coilovers from my jeep. Thanks
    Once you have the shock off you need to simply undo the pre-load and take the lower spring seat off. On the Kings you need some kind of tool to spread it with.

Quote Originally Posted by rubicrawl View Post
    I'm thinking of doing the same what springs are you going with
    I have 200 now replacing with 250.

I think I might do the same

Quote Originally Posted by mrmike View Post
    Once you have the shock off you need to simply undo the pre-load and take the lower spring seat off. On the Kings you need some kind of tool to spread it with.
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392582608.558118.jpg

I should have put up this picture. My question should have been. After you remove the coilovers how do you remove the this to drop the springs.

That the picture is of the rear. It was just an easier to take a picture but the fronts are the one that I'm replacing.
    Last edited by cuongdyna; 02-16-2014 at 08:35 PM.

Push up on the coils to take pressure of the metal retainer and wiggle. There is no spreader tool.

Quote Originally Posted by ttfhell View Post
    Push up on the coils to take pressure of the metal retainer and wiggle. There is no spreader tool.
    You don't need a spreader tool? You do it all on your own hmmmm

Fresh Catch
    The easiest way to take them off the vehicle is to jack it up from the frame until the load is completely taken off the shocks. Then unbolt them from the vehicle. The top of the coilover should have an adjusting nut that needs to be loosened to remove the pre-load on the springs. With the pre-load removed, the coils slide up enough for the bottom cup to lift up off the bottom of the shock and slide off the shaft. drop the springs off the bottom and replace the one you want to and reverse the removal process.

Quote Originally Posted by rubicrawl View Post
    You don't need a spreader tool? You do it all on your own hmmmm
    This is tool I used both times. lolImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392587521.997369.jpg
    If you take all the preload off it should be good. You can have someone push down on the coils if they are super tight while you wiggle.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast