How to measure actual lift.

robx251

Caught the Bug
I remember seeing here somewhere I tried searching for it but I came up with nothing does anyone know what the measurements are supposed to be

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I think this is what you're looking for...

attachment.php

More good stuff can be found here:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...stions-Every-Newbie-has-about-the-JK-Wrangler

JEEPnGEO

Wow. Is this a standard also include Rubicons?

I have always wondered how someone can measure exactly how much lift you got after an upgrade because of bumpers winches etc...

When I bought my jeep it had a 2.5 inch TF budget boost on it. I bought some 3" TF springs from RK Racing (User on this forum) and he said they are made for a 4 door (3 inch lift) He told me that my 2 door would get 4" of lift. Well I just took a measurement and I am at a shade under 24 inches. That puts me at 5+ inches. How much will it go down if I get a bumper and winch? The coils are pretty stout. I bought the longer shocks I have almost exactly 6 inches of travel extended or compressed.

These pictures were taken when I was chopping the fenders.

IDK if ya want to move this to my Flat top knuckle post. I have some questions now since I am taller.

Jeep1.jpg Jeep2.jpg

robx251

Caught the Bug
I just measured my rough country 4" jku lift on my 2door. Even after a year of use plus bumpers and winch still have 4.5" lift even after I removed a coil to try and bring the nose down a little...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

Wow. Is this a standard also include Rubicons?

I have always wondered how someone can measure exactly how much lift you got after an upgrade because of bumpers winches etc...

When I bought my jeep it had a 2.5 inch TF budget boost on it. I bought some 3" TF springs from RK Racing (User on this forum) and he said they are made for a 4 door (3 inch lift) He told me that my 2 door would get 4" of lift. Well I just took a measurement and I am at a shade under 24 inches. That puts me at 5+ inches. How much will it go down if I get a bumper and winch? The coils are pretty stout. I bought the longer shocks I have almost exactly 6 inches of travel extended or compressed.

These pictures were taken when I was chopping the fenders.

IDK if ya want to move this to my Flat top knuckle post. I have some questions now since I am taller.

View attachment 70179 View attachment 70180

I was shocked to see the JKS 2" coils netted 4" of lift on Brick.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Not to revive a crazy old thread but, I netted 3.5" of lift on my 2013 2 dr with the 2" Evo plush rides. It seemed to handle fine when driving at highway speed, but time will tell it there will be any driveshaft issues in the future. This is with a chopped stock front bumper and no winch.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Not to revive a crazy old thread but, I netted 3.5" of lift on my 2013 2 dr with the 2" Evo plush rides. It seemed to handle fine when driving at highway speed, but time will tell it there will be any driveshaft issues in the future. This is with a chopped stock front bumper and no winch.

If you add aftermarket bumpers and such it will help weight it down.

JoeB-JKURX

Relative to the JK Rubicon, I understand that it has a 1/2" lift compared to the other JK models. Presumably, you would add 1/2" to the measurements shown in the earlier posts and subtract them from the height measured after the new aftermarket lift. As stated, aftermarket bumpers and such (like a winch) would factor into how much lift you would net.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Relative to the JK Rubicon, I understand that it has a 1/2" lift compared to the other JK models. Presumably, you would add 1/2" to the measurements shown in the earlier posts and subtract them from the height measured after the new aftermarket lift. As stated, aftermarket bumpers and such (like a winch) would factor into how much lift you would net.

Negative. They may or may not have the heaviest springs which may give more lift. But that doesn't seem to be true to any model over another model with the exception I believe being the JKU with the hardtop and max tow package recieving the highest spring rating. I've seen rubicons with the same springs as the X or sport models.

Edit to add: I do believe the anniversary rubicons, the rubicon x, and the hard rock rubicons received a different spring all together and it's rated higher than the others. But I could be wrong on this.

Last edited:

JoeB-JKURX

Negative. They may or may not have the heaviest springs which may give more lift. But that doesn't seem to be true to any model over another model with the exception I believe being the JKU with the hardtop and max tow package recieving the highest spring rating. I've seen rubicons with the same springs as the X or sport models.

Edit to add: I do believe the anniversary rubicons, the rubicon x, and the hard rock rubicons received a different spring all together and it's rated higher than the others. But I could be wrong on this.

Yeah - I've a Rubicon X and saw that it had a 1/2" lift. Thought it was for all Rubicons. My bad. Thanks

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Yeah - I've a Rubicon X and saw that it had a 1/2" lift. Thought it was for all Rubicons. My bad. Thanks

No worries. [emoji106]

Like I said, I think all of the special edition rubicons had some heavier springs. I don't remember how or why but I had the part number written down at one point but went a diff way.

chitown35

LOSER
I always thought these graphics were better/more complete

Attachments

• 1471919284690.jpg
    1471919284690.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 86
  • 1471919312172.jpg
    1471919312172.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 88
Top Bottom