Body Lift question.

Jeepmed

If I get the Terraflex BL 1.25" will I have to make adjustments to shifters or gas filler hose. The video looks completly bolt on, but is it? TIA

MNTN JK

Ya I put same one on the 2 dr JK I had last yr put it on with no other adjustments to anything....

Sent from my SPH-L720 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bill S

I put a 1.25in. On my JKU by myself. If I can do it anyone can!

Sent from my SCH-R830 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I used a floor jack with an 18" piece of 4x4 stood on end right against the frame rails. Worked like a champ! If you're a bit nervous about having your hand between the body and frame then just slide another block of wood in that space for safety.:thumbup:

Sent from my DROID4 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sounds good. Did you take any pics.

No, sadly I didn't. I went with a 2" and I can tell you it looks like trash at the moment, but (crossing fingers) should be going away soon :thumbup:
Edit: I've heard of others using their Hi-Lift jack as well, but I'm not too trusting of them.

Last edited:

Jeepmed

Oh well Thanks anyway. I'm going to do a 1.25". Should be enough until I can do a real suspension lift.

Tranquillity

I would prefer to be directly under the tub and use a piece of 4x4. that's what I used for mine and it did pretty well. I would not use Hi lift for that. I used my floor jack. Just do them one by one and remove the nuts on one complete side before lifting the tub lol :)

Just make sure you're on a good angle before lifting, you won't have much problem.

Only in a stick trans you'd have to buy a bracket or straighten the shifter.

For my manual trans shifter I picked up an adapter/extension but I still ended up having to cut a notch out of the floor around the shift boot. But as stated above, that's on a manual and likely only because mine was such a tall body lift. Also, didn't see it mentioned, but, some kits will include a steering shaft extension as well depending on lift height.

Top Bottom