The Evolution of ENVY Build

JAGS

Hooked
Hell just froze over and pigs are flying, because JAGS has finally started a build thread. :shock:

Being on the forum for a year and a half now, I’ve learned a ton... and still learning every day. Thanks to everyone for imparting their knowledge and answering my newb questions, sometimes more than once and months apart. In the long run, that time has saved me money as I’ve defined a solid plan with the end in mind and minimal wasted parts.

I now have a build plan to last for several years thanks to Drew@ORE and one that will allow me to improve my offroad driving abilities, while building to more than capable performance. As MTG says often, my rig will always be able to outperform its driver.

I’ve done some work to ENVY already and will update that soon.

Stage 1
LOD Armor Lite Stubby with Stinger - Done
EVO Skins - Done
EVO Sliders - Done
Fender Trim - Done
Truck-Lites (Thanks Truck-Lite & Wayalife) - Done
PS Evap Skid - Done
EVO 4” Enforcer with King 2.5s - Done
KING Front Bumpstops - Done
EVO C2 Axle Gussets - Done
EVO Front Control Arm Skids - Done
EVO Oil Pan Skid - Done
EVO Rock Star Skids - Done
EVO Corner Armor - Done
EVO Tire Carrier - Done
EVO Rear Aluminum Fascia - Done
EVO D-ring mounts - Done
1350 JE Reel Front DS - Done
Level 8 ZX Wheels - Done
37” Nitto Trail Grapplers - Done
TeraFlex Mud Flaps - Done

Stage 2
EVO Transmission Skid - Done
Rock Hard 4x4 Sport Cage - Done
Switch-Pro Power System - Done
EVO A-pillar light mounts - Done
LED Lighting - Done: Rock lights, front spots
Rear "Revolution" Chromoly Shafts - Done
WARN Zeon 10 Winch - Done
MasterPull Superline synthetic line - Done
Front Chromoly Axle Shafts
PR 44 Front
Trail or PR 60 Rear
ARB Fridge - Done
ARB Air Compressor
ARB locker(s)
ATX Slabs/Chamber Pros

Stage 3 (Dream Stage)
DTD Front/Rear ???
EVOlever

Here's how she looked the day I brought her home. I remember I was so stoked that day. My first Jeep. :rock:

New Jeep - Envy .jpg

Couldn't even wait the 500 miles to hit a little dirt with my kids.
Envy - Sees First Dirt.jpg

Why Envy?
My wife actually aided in naming the Jeep. She would tell me all the time how I envy all the Jeeps I look at online, driving down the street and in mags. I told her that hopefully one day others would Envy my Jeep. And the name was born. Thanks Canvas for the badge of honor my friend.

ENVY.jpeg

Why JAGS?
All jokes aside, I got interested in Jeeps after renting one in Sedona on a family vacation. About a year or so later (June 2012) my lease was up, so I purchased a silver JKU Rubicon. The Jeep is something we can enjoy together as a family before it’s no longer cool to hang with dad. So JAGS is our family initials (Jason, Amy, “G” for my son, and “S” for my daughter). Also reminds me daily as I log in what comes first in life.

JAGS Big Bear.jpg JAGS Sedona.jpg JAGS ZION.jpg

Last edited:

JAGS

Hooked
Looking at all the incidentals/issues that come with a lift. Should I go evap relocate or an evap skid? :thinking:

JAGS

Hooked
Heck yea Ill be following along!! :thumb:

Thanks Ray. I was out of town for the better part of last week so kinda stalled out for a few days. Looking to get this show on the road, figuratively and literally.

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
I've heard there can be issues. Some folks leave it, some relocate, some aftermarket skid it.

Relocate it. Done. If not it will be an issue at some point.

You are correct to begin with the end in mind.

pastorwug

Jason - did you install your rock star skids yourself or did ORE - I'm wondering how much is involved.

BTW - nice thread - looking forward to it continuing to develop - thanks for opening up to us all.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Jason - did you install your rock star skids yourself or did ORE - I'm wondering how much is involved.

BTW - nice thread - looking forward to it continuing to develop - thanks for opening up to us all.

He doesn't have them but they are not that hard. You just cut some of the lower control arm mount off, the shock mount and the sway bar end link mount then bolt the rockstar skid on. The control arm mojnt should be cut to 5".

JAGS

Hooked
He doesn't have them but they are not that hard. You just cut some of the lower control arm mount off, the shock mount and the sway bar end link mount then bolt the rockstar skid on. The control arm mojnt should be cut to 5".

^^^^ this.

I'll be ordering nearly everything this week. If I had all the necessary tools, I may have tried myself... Well, with some help. But my nice carpeted garage doesn't hold much mechanic tools at the moment.

Since I need quite a bit done, I may just have ORE do it.

JAGS

Hooked
Relocate it. Done. If not it will be an issue at some point.

You are correct to begin with the end in mind.

Thanks Don. I've seen some write ups on the relocate, so may tackle that one.

If I've learned anything, it's to not re-spend unnecessarily. And to go with the best out there. Can't really go wrong with EVO/king combo. Thanks to Drew, I've got a solid plan.

pastorwug

Thanks Adam, that's what I wanted to know.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JAGS

Hooked
Just placed my order for all the EVO/KING stuff. Drew@ORE said King is backordered on most of its shocks. Going to be the longest 4 week wait, but glad I placed my order. Thanks drew for the help. Going to get a few other tidbits from Northridge and still deciding on carrier to go EVO or Genright????

- Jason

StrizzyChris

I would recommend going GenRight and then later change your mind and go EVO...Ill then buy the GenRight off of you for a reduced price of course :wink:

Top Bottom