Which ARB compressor ?

CharlieK

Not sure if this topic has been addressed, I have decided to go with ARB locker front and rear. I am unsure which compressor to get either the single or twin. Other than my lockers, the thing I plan on doing is air up my tires? I am currently running 35's but will go to 37's when it is time to replace these. Your thoughts and also any pictures of where yours is mounted?

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Not sure if this topic has been addressed, I have decided to go with ARB locker front and rear. I am unsure which compressor to get either the single or twin. Other than my lockers, the thing I plan on doing is air up my tires? I am currently running 35's but will go to 37's when it is time to replace these. Your thoughts and also any pictures of where yours is mounted?

Personally I feel the twin is the only way to go if your going ARB. Make sure to shop though!

WAYALIFE APP 🍺

noroad

anyone have just the single, how do you like it for $169 over the twin for 500ish? just wondering??

I got my twin on amazon for $419. What size tires are you gonna be filling

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

SaddleTramp

anyone have just the single, how do you like it for $169 over the twin for 500ish? just wondering??

I think if you decide to go with the single, I would opt for the "high output" single for around $270ish over/vs. the standard single in the $169 range, there are two different versions of the single.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

With you having 37's I think you should go for the twin. Or stick with the compressed air tank you had last trip

Sent from my iPhone

With you having 37's I think you should go for the twin. Or stick with the compressed air tank you had last trip

Sent from my iPhone

I can fill my 37's with the twin in just over a minute each

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
ARB high output

I'm sure there is a thread somewhere about this but I couldn't find it. Anyway I'm getting ready to purchase onboard air compressor. Love to buy the ARB twin but I don't get to wheel enough to justify paying the extra cash for it. So I'm looking at this ARB high out put single, I am running 35s will be running 12-15 on trail highway 28 psi.
Anybody had any bad luck with this compressor ? I know it's not the fastest, just need reliable. Oh yea I may run a front air locker someday
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469298369.434899.jpg

boardsurfer

I have that one installed on mine. It has been problem free. I air down to 14-15 on the trail, and back to 28-ish for the road (35s). I practiced in my driveway with a timer and I can do one tire in exactly 2 minutes. When Im done off-roading, I hook it up and start the timer on my phone. That way I'm not pulling it off every few seconds to check pressure.

You might take a few minutes break between tire 3 and 4 because it does get pretty freakin hot which means when the air in the tire cools, the pressure will drop also. No lockers running off of it yet, but I dont anticipate any problems when that time comes.

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
I have that one installed on mine. It has been problem free. I air down to 14-15 on the trail, and back to 28-ish for the road (35s). I practiced in my driveway with a timer and I can do one tire in exactly 2 minutes. When Im done off-roading, I hook it up and start the timer on my phone. That way I'm not pulling it off every few seconds to check pressure.

You might take a few minutes break between tire 3 and 4 because it does get pretty freakin hot which means when the air in the tire cools, the pressure will drop also. No lockers running off of it yet, but I dont anticipate any problems when that time comes.

Thanks for the info. Where do you have it mounted ? Does it shut off automatic when it gets too hot ?

boardsurfer

It has never shut off on me during use - Im not sure it has any sort of sensing capability built in for that. I used the EVO mount (I think?) in the engine compartment, driver side:

IMG_0919.jpg

The most I have used it was for 8 tires after a trail run. The last couple tires definitely seemed to take a little longer than the first few. This was before I had my timer method though so it may have just been my growling stomach being impatient. :D

But yeah, it does the job. Zero complaints. The dual would probably be faster, but Im still usually the first to be done in a group. :idontknow:

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
It has never shut off on me during use - Im not sure it has any sort of sensing capability built in for that. I used the EVO mount (I think?) in the engine compartment, driver side:

View attachment 214218

The most I have used it was for 8 tires after a trail run. The last couple tires definitely seemed to take a little longer than the first few. This was before I had my timer method though so it may have just been my growling stomach being impatient. :D

But yeah, it does the job. Zero complaints. The dual would probably be faster, but Im still usually the first to be done in a group. :idontknow:

Thanks, sounds like it will fit my needs perfectly.

bthomas

Yup, I second all the above. I have the same unit, same location, about the same times for air up on 35's. Had it for about 4 years, zero problems. Have also aired up 8 tires in row a time or two.

TonyT

Caught the Bug
My experience wasn't so good.

During my first build of the Jeep I relied on this compressor to air up my 37's.
Took 5 and a half minutes to air up each tire from 12 to 38psi. And that time extended as the pump got hotter.
In the cooler AZ months I could do the four tires, but in 90+ degree heat it would thermo-shut-off around the third tire.
After a summer of use it died. ARB warranty process was excellent and they sent me a new one when they received mine. I sold it and went to a higher flow and duty cycle compressor, then I eventually went with the C02 setup that Im still using now.

I've had a couple chances to air up with the ARB Twin and its a completely different experience that I had with the single. It's not just twice the pumps, its much more since either of the pumps have to work so hard. I will be purchasing one at some point to have as a backup.

While the single will be sufficient for your application. The extra cost of the twin will be well worth it.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
My experience wasn't so good.

During my first build of the Jeep I relied on this compressor to air up my 37's.
Took 5 and a half minutes to air up each tire from 12 to 38psi. And that time extended as the pump got hotter.

Are you sure you are airing up your 37 inch tires to 38 PSI? Don't you mean 28 PSI? That is probably your issue right there, you were way over inflating your tires.

I run this unit and it was highly recommended. It works great for when I go from 12 to 29 PSI. Takes maybe 3 minutes when I am that low. It gets pretty hot but keeps on pumping. I just could not justify the price different between this and the twin. I'm sure that eventually I will upgrade to the twin, but will keep trying to kill this thing.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I'm sure there is a thread somewhere about this but I couldn't find it. Anyway I'm getting ready to purchase onboard air compressor. Love to buy the ARB twin but I don't get to wheel enough to justify paying the extra cash for it. So I'm looking at this ARB high out put single, I am running 35s will be running 12-15 on trail highway 28 psi.
Anybody had any bad luck with this compressor ? I know it's not the fastest, just need reliable. Oh yea I may run a front air locker someday
View attachment 214205

My H.O. single recently failed to "always on" no matter what the position power switch was in. Initially I thought that it was the power switch but after replacing it and the problem persisting it seems that it's the pressure switch on the pump. I should have a new one by Wednesday. This is the only time in 2 year that it has ever given me problems. I would definitely recommend it for 35s.

Top Bottom