Paracord, what have you been using it for?

Holeshot

Banned
Hey guys, I know, paracord is used in several ways. so I was wondering what you guys did with it. It's cheap, strong, and has tons of color choices, so let us see what you came up with!

If you have any advice or site that could help me or other people doing their stuff with paracord, please share it with us :standing wave:

gyoe

I've just gotten into it. Done a couple of things.

Made a bracelet with my Medic Alert charm
uzatata9.jpg

Wrapped my grab handles
e5ese9aj.jpg

Any advice for u, is watch a lot of you tube on paracord stuff :)

Fortress of Solitude

munstie

Wrapped my hiking stick a couple months ago

Sent from the"Zone of Influence"

Attachments

• 1393175892415.jpg
    1393175892415.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 205

Army_Vet

Banned
I'm about to buy some to make grab handles for my jeep. If your interested I found this youtube video which is helpful https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywU9qKaK0R0. The hardest part is picking the color of the cord :cheesy:

Its funny you picked Brandons video. He had a falling out with Wayalife and has ended up speaking ill of WAL. I think he may even be banned on here.

Not that this has much to do with anything... Just thought it was a funny coincidence.

I also want to make my own handles

munstie

Its funny you picked Brandons video. He had a falling out with Wayalife and has ended up speaking ill of WAL. I think he may even be banned on here.

Not that this has much to do with anything... Just thought it was a funny coincidence.

That doesn't really surprise me, with him being the ass that he is.

Sent from the"Zone of Influence"

Boji

I didn't know about all the previous shenanigans, but strange coincidence. I just stumbled across the video on the tube and it seemed to be the most helpful when it came to making grab handles

bumpus

$5 over $100, definitely worth the time it takes to make them. And it means more moola for other upgrades

For the full set of 6, all double wrapped you're probably looking at close to $75 in materials. I made all 6 for my jeep a couple weeks ago and only did one layer of wrapping and was a bit over $50 in materials.

That said, I'm glad I made mine myself. I like making things myself and it just feels better of have things on my Jeep that I did all by myself.
2014_02_09_16_09_50.jpg

2014_02_09_21_39_25.jpg

Boji

For the full set of 6, all double wrapped you're probably looking at close to $75 in materials. I made all 6 for my jeep a couple weeks ago and only did one layer of wrapping and was a bit over $50 in materials.

That said, I'm glad I made mine myself. I like making things myself and it just feels better of have things on my Jeep that I did all by myself.
2014_02_09_16_09_50.jpg

2014_02_09_21_39_25.jpg

How much cord did you use? 300' is only $17 if you look online

bumpus

How much cord did you use? 300' is only $17 if you look online

Here's notes I took while I was making the 4 grab handles on the rollbars.

--------------------------
Grab handle is made of three pieces 1 handle and 2 bar wraps.

Each bar wrap has a center made from a doubled loop of paracord. Cut this 46" long.
The handle is made from a tripled loop of paracord. Cut this 50" long.

The three pieces each need to be wrapped.

The bar wraps each need a 132" length of paracord cobra weaved around them. I have been cutting two 66" pieces and joining them.

The handle gets wrapped with a piece 120" long. Again, I use two colors each cut to 60" and join.

Cut list for the blue and yellow handles in my Jeep - (Makes 1 handle):
2 x 46" blue
1 x 50" blue
2 x 66" blue
1 x 60" blue
2 x 66" yellow
1 x 60" yellow

Total is 43'-10" of paracord.
-----------------------------

I also made 2 handles around the headrests. I don't remember the measurements I used on them, but they ended up 20" long so 20' or cord each would be a good estimate. I total that up to 216' feet for the set of 6.

I bought paracord for $9 for a 100' bundle at the army surplus store. I got 2 blue bundles and 1 yellow. So that was $27. I needed 8 D-rings for the 4 handles that go around the roll bars, they were $3/each at harbor freight, so $24. To get the supplies I needed for the project it came to $51+tax.

I did end up with some leftover cord (aka, the kids made themselves bracelets that match the Jeep), but the amount of cord I had left (84' by my notes above) would be more than used up by doing a second layer of wrap like the angry offroad ones, so I figure another 2 100' bundles of cord at $9/each and you're at $69+tax.

gygumaqe.jpg

I made my own para cord handles, PM me If anybody is interested in a set of front grab handles as I no longer use these.

Top Bottom