Floor Mats

Fragsrus

So, my used '08 didn't come with any floor mats. Living in the PNW where it always seems to be raining, this bothers me. So I am looking into some of the custom fit floor liners from Rugged Ridge, WeatherTech, Husky Liners, etc. Unfortunately, a lot of the comments seem to include complaints that the mats aren't going fully under the pedals. Also unfortunately, a vast majority of the product pictures on all the mats are either generic pictures or pictures of the mats in other vehicles. Can anyone here suggest a good set of floor mats that fully cover the driver's side floor and have enough sidewall on them to keep any mud/slush/etc away from the carpet? Any pics to go with the suggestions would be great too, if possible.

Brankz

So, my used '08 didn't come with any floor mats. Living in the PNW where it always seems to be raining, this bothers me. So I am looking into some of the custom fit floor liners from Rugged Ridge, WeatherTech, Husky Liners, etc. Unfortunately, a lot of the comments seem to include complaints that the mats aren't going fully under the pedals. Also unfortunately, a vast majority of the product pictures on all the mats are either generic pictures or pictures of the mats in other vehicles. Can anyone here suggest a good set of floor mats that fully cover the driver's side floor and have enough sidewall on them to keep any mud/slush/etc away from the carpet? Any pics to go with the suggestions would be great too, if possible.

Walmart mats 10.45

JK's JK

Banned
I just got these ones today. Picked them up used for 40. There the weather tech. They go way underneath the drivers pedal.

DSC01966.JPG DSC01967.JPG

JK's JK

Banned
Where did you get that for 4o?

Local this morning. Guy had them for two months and sold his Jeep. Go figure he got a FJ!!!! I jumped on that for that price. :rock:

They are dirty in the picture since I stepped on them.

Brankz

Local this morning. Guy had them for two months and sold his Jeep. Go figure he got a FJ!!!! I jumped on that for that price. :rock:

They are dirty in the picture since I stepped on them.

Who changes a JK for a FJ? We'll better for you! You got those kick ass mats for cheap

QRS

Who changes a JK for a FJ? We'll better for you! You got those kick ass mats for cheap

Wow, I agree with Brankz on this one, why anyone would do that? I guess it was a Jeep thing he didn't understand

dglangan

Weather tech! They hold a massive amount of dirt/sand/mud/snow/whatever and don't leak at all. They go up pretty high on the sides too. Every few months I take them out and give them a good hosing. They're almost 5 years old, been in both of my JKs and look brand new when cleaned. I just went wheeling today and they're filthy, so I'll try to grab a nice pic of them filthy for you in the morning lol

JKFlyer

Love my qusdratec branded floor mats. Fit great. Nice bug sidewalls

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Fragsrus

Love my qusdratec branded floor mats. Fit great. Nice bug sidewalls

Looking at the various brands, it looks like Quadratec, Rugged Ridge, Tread Lightly, Bestop, and who knows how many more, all have the exact same mats just with a different logo on them. Do they actually go far enough under the pedals to catch it all? The Rugged Ridge mats were the ones I was looking at, they are half the price of the WeatherTechs.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
i had weathertec on my gmc sierra, really liked the quality. but on the jeeps, i have the quadratec on the dozer and the factory slush mats on the 2014 white jeep. happy with all three.

jodonn

Weather Tech all the way. They go far up under the gas pedal. I put a piece of black duct tape on the plastic inner door threshold an inch above the liner, connected it to the liner itself, if any water comes in it goes directly down the tape to the liner. No more water on the carpet.

I have the Quadratec ones and they are great. Fit under the pedals nicely. Living in Florida they catch a lot of sand. Another nice thing abot them is the treat style patter they have.

Have you looked at Mopar for mats?

R/
Will

Fragsrus

I did look at Mopar. I like the looks of them but they dont look like they have much sidewall to keep everything within the mats.

Would you mind taking a pic of them on the driver's side? I can pick up a full set of the Rugged Ridge ones, which are exactly the same, for half the price of the WeatherTechs. I've just seen reviews that they dont go all the way under the pedals and so they dont catch everything.
Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I have the Quadratec ones and they are great. Fit under the pedals nicely. Living in Florida they catch a lot of sand. Another nice thing abot them is the treat style patter they have.

R/
Will

x2, quadratec here as well and very happy with them. My only complaint is that it says quadratec on them lol.

SDG

Caught the Bug

R/
Will

I have the quadratec ones too. I would say they are ok. They catch stuff just fine but if you wear work boots or dress shoes my heel gets caught between the lugs or will slip inbetween them which can be annoying. Also not all that comfy if you drive barefoot which I do often.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
I have the WeatherTech what I don't like are the rear mats are a two piece mat I think Quadratec rear mat is a one piece mat.
fronts are very similar

dglangan

I have the WeatherTech what I don't like are the rear mats are a two piece mat I think Quadratec rear mat is a one piece mat.
fronts are very similar

I have the weathertech rear mat, and mine is a once piece mat that goes over the trans tunnel.

Top Bottom