Rugged Ridge Hurricane Fenders Pictures Thread.

Tranquillity

Hey guys thought I'd share some pictures about those fenders. If it can make you decide whether you like them or not. If you have any question I'd be happy to answer them.

IMG_3466_zps723b63b4.jpg

IMG_3473_zpsc0334a1c.jpg

IMG_3474_zps0c5eea90.jpg

IMG_3470_zpse4e0d6ac.jpg

IMG_3469_zps1e61a1ae.jpg

IMG_3471_zps18e441fa.jpg

IMG_3475_zpsb5a86552.jpg

Hack12

Thanks so much for posting this thread. I've been dying to get a look at some non-stock photos of these things for some time now.

Questions:

1- How was the install? I replaced my stock fenders (painted for blacks) about a year ago, so I understand the removal process, just wondering if these required any special instructions to install?

2- How far do they stick out from the body? Are they a lot wider than the factory flares?

3- Do they allow you to reuse your fender inner liners? If not, do they come with their own inners?

Thanks again for taking the time to post this!

Tranquillity

1- Install would have been a lot painless if I'd have removed the front body fender panel (or whatever it's called). Bolting would have been much easier and quicker. Beside that they are pretty easy, rear were installed in less than 5 min. Front are a little more complicated considering you remove the body panel, cut and put up new side marker but still, nothing impossible for the average guy.

2-They are 1.5" wider than oem flares which was one of the main reason I went with them, darn law over here is a joke.

3-Yup but you need to trim your oem inner, pretty easy with a cut wheel. And it's almost a straight line so can't really mess it up.

My only complaint about this product is the wiring. I don't understand why they did not sealed the side markers, I came up with a patch... I guess it's better than nothing. I'll post a pic below. I also threw away the butt connector and female terminals they supplied and put better ones. I guess you can say that's no wonder since it's RR but I think they improved a bit since the past few years.

Other than that I'm quite satisfied with them, time will tell for the rest.

Happy to help you out :beer::beer:

IMG_3465_zpsa4216b96.jpg

Hack12

Thanks a lot! I just posted a link to this thread on another thread where myself and a couple other guys had been asking about these fenders. Hopefully they'll stop on by this one and ask you a few more questions. Again, thanks for posting, seems you are the first to do so with these fenders!:thumb:

Here is a link to that thread in case you want to check it out.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?12865-Rugged-Ridge-Hurricane-fender-flares

Last edited:

jbaskin28

Thanks for the pictures! This helps a lot. Hawaii state law requires the same ridiculousness, in which the WHOLE tire is required to be covered.

Can do you do a shot of the front tire (either side) and fender (like what you did with the rear right line up) and from above the fender looking down on to the tire. That's how they judge it at the inspection.

Appreciate the help man!

Hack12

Thanks for the pictures! This helps a lot. Hawaii state law requires the same ridiculousness, in which the WHOLE tire is required to be covered.

Can do you do a shot of the front tire (either side) and fender (like what you did with the rear right line up) and from above the fender looking down on to the tire. That's how they judge it at the inspection.

Appreciate the help man!

That pic you requested will only help you if you are running the exact same wheel backspacing and tire width that the OP is running. If you have anything different, the picture won't help you at all.

Your best bet is to use the measurements he gave and add them directly to your current fenders and see if these will work for you. Best of luck!

Tranquillity

Here you go, should give you enough info.

As said that would depend of your offset. I run 315/75r16 duratrac with black rock 4.25 bs.

DSCF1014_zpse397b808.jpg

DSCF1012_zps0d9b80ec.jpg

DSCF1010_zpseddd9125.jpg

Charlie08JK

I was thinking of getting the 9.5" pocket front and 6.75" rear bushwhackers but after seeing these pics, I'll be getting these Hurricanes. These look more like a 41 MB than any other flares I've seen. I am going to get a quote from my local line-x dealer before installing them. I know all of these fade after a while. Line-X has UV coating to prevent this. Thanks for posting these pictures.

rob_p

Last time out a guy in our group had these and had no complaints, but by the end of the day he had 2 that needed replacing after cracking them on trees.
From what I could see they didn't have much flexibility or bend to them.

reelsilly

Those things are ugly as fuck. Thought they died off in 2014 when this thread was started.

It's like the pocket flare and the flat flare fucked and had an abortion.

OMG y'all are a trip! I have been tamed because I feel like I need to prove "my worth" before I go ripping on anything on this forum. With the job I do, I have a natural case of the smart ass, comes pretty easy actually.

Wish y'all were closer, I'd buy beer.

Top Bottom