True cost to join the JK-X?

Fragsrus

Hypothetically, how much would it cost to take a stock Rubicon and gear it up to be ready for a JK-Experience trip? I'm talking everything from the build-up of the Jeep itself, as well as all the required extra gear, parts, etc. Could it be done with $15k into the Jeep? Another $5k for all the additional gear, tools, parts etc? Another $2.5k for travel expenses like hotel, gas, food, etc? I would love, someday, to be able to sign-up for a run (and cross my fingers to be chosen) and was just trying to guestimate what it would take to get there. I am sure most of you have thought about this at one point or another.

ttfhell

15k to build can be done for sure. You don't need another 5k in parts either unless you plan on carting a spare pr44 around lol.
Travel cost are dependent on how far you will be traveling to get to the location. I lucked out as it wasn't across the country for me. However we did lots of high fuel consumption speed driving lol. Think my jeep did 1500 miles or so round trip. There is a cost they charge to go, as they should, but it includes lodging and a bunch of meals etc.

Fragsrus

In that $5k I was thinking spare parts as well as the tools to change them out. I was also thinking that would cover recovery gear. Basically, $5k for the stuff that's not attached to the Jeep itself.

JAGS

Hooked
This is a goal of mine someday as well. I think you can have your rig ready and all prepped for a little less than what you posted.

Like ttfhell posted, trip costs will be based on venue and itinerary.

From anyone I've ever talked to that has done it, it been money well spent. My wife signe off on my build this year. Maybe next year or two I get clearance to do JKX. I'll need a reason to upgrade rear axle. 😉

Moochie

This is a goal of mine someday as well. I think you can have your rig ready and all prepped for a little less than what you posted.

Like ttfhell posted, trip costs will be based on venue and itinerary.

From anyone I've ever talked to that has done it, it been money well spent. My wife signe off on my build this year. Maybe next year or two I get clearance to do JKX. I'll need a reason to upgrade rear axle. 😉

It's not necessary to upgrade axles just for the JKX.

JKFlyer

If you ever get chosen, let me be your passenger!!!!! :cool:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

ttfhell

If you ever get chosen, let me be your passenger!!!!! :cool:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Right there is the cheapest way to go! My buddy threw some gas in, bought some food and beer and drove my jeep home from Tahoe. Total cost maybe $500 lol.

Serg5000

The cost could be hard to nail down. There are far to many options to choose to be able to get a true cost.

munstie

Is the JKX a if you have to ask you probably can't afford it event. I would love to be able to sign up one day as well. Seems to me you could eat up around 1200.00 just in hotels depending on where the event is held.

Sent from the"Zone of Influence"

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Is the JKX a if you have to ask you probably can't afford it event. I would love to be able to sign up one day as well. Seems to me you could eat up around 1200.00 just in hotels depending on where the event is held.

I would say yes. That fucktard from Wisconsin backed out at the last minute after getting free shit and I would bet it was because he couldn't afford it. He probably found out the location and realized how much it would cost and that it would be harder then his local trip to the mall.

If you do get selected do be like that fucker.

munstie

I would say yes. That fucktard from Wisconsin backed out at the last minute after getting free shit and I would bet it was because he couldn't afford it. He probably found out the location and realized how much it would cost and that it would be harder then his local trip to the mall.

No way in hell I would ever be like that asshat, some of us have morals, integrity, and are honest.

Last edited:

Heholua

Well that makes him even more of a fuckhead if he knew he couldn't afford it and he kept the free parts.

munstie

It was still a bad deal, and to make it worse he signs on and doesn't even have the balls to answer for what he did. Oh yeah that's right what he did was a bitch move he probably doesn't have any....

Fragsrus

I never have liked the whole "If you have to ask you can't afford it" line. I feel it's just a way for sellers to justify exorbant prices. That's the line of reasoning that causes people with money to end up broke.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom