Sliders

hotshotjeep

So I am looking to get a new set of sliders. But I am not sure what is good and what isnt good. So could the nice jeepers of wayalife help me out. And give me suggestion.

Oh and I have a two door :p

munstie

I would say go with frame mounted sliders. Sharkey beat me to it.^^^^^^:thumbup:

Sent from the"Zone of Influence"

CCTX50

I recently went with LOD. Very happy with them. Easy install. Had the help of one of my fellow jeepers and took about 3 hours. I bolted on (as the were built that way) but you can just as easy weld on. Solid and if you want a step LOD is the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I did the EVO sliders with the custom angle. This creates somewhat of a step for you to use. Great product.

Sent from my iPhone

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I must have looked at 30 different sliders over the last few months. LOD, PSC, EVO, FMF, Smitty, ACE; all of them it seems! In my research, I saw a lot of body mounted sliders that actually 'caused' damage to people's rigs from coming down to hard on rocks. Frame mounted is the way to go unless your just doing it for looks. Of the frame mounted, weld on is going to be really strong (if not the strongest). I just recently ordered the EVO sliders, as they have a proven reputation to take a beating. If I were to go bolt on, LOD or FMF are good.

JKFlyer

I did tons of research and ended up w a unique set that are frame mounted and strong but make a great step . They are from hyline . Very unique

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1393592823329.jpg
    1393592823329.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 258
I went with the LoD because of the step. I have a 4dr and a 4 yo who needs the help to get in. Also SWMBO is vertically challeneged :cheesy:, SSHHH do not tell her, so the step helps her out as well. When installing mime I used weld nuts and grade 8 bolts with lock washers.

R/
Will

13gecko

I just order EVO sliders. After watching Eddie and others literally put the sliders on rocks and pivot the whole jeep around...I was sold. I'm sure some of the other companies make good products too. But for me the functionality and the looks of EVO was unbeatable.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I went evo and couldnt be happier. Is it bad I cant wait to use them lol? havnt been close to hitting anything with them which i guess is good.

swag247

Just had a set of EVO's put on, but LOD where a close second.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sithwindu

Evo!! But I just recently got my poison spyder frame mounted sliders 3 day ago. I'll give them a try and let y'all know how they are :) (I like the astetics of them so I wanted to give then a try.

StrizzyChris

Of the frame mounted, weld on is going to be really strong (if not the strongest). I just recently ordered the EVO sliders, as they have a proven reputation to take a beating. If I were to go bolt on, LOD or FMF are good.

LoD are also weld on...if you should choose to do so ;)

I did tons of research and ended up w a unique set that are frame mounted and strong but make a great step . They are from hyline . Very unique

Are those frame mount, or body bracket mounted? Many companies claim "frame mount" but they use the tub/body mount.

LOD(weld on or bolt on)

main.php

EVO(weld on)

main.php

Body mount bracket used to bolt on...(connected TO the frame but not nearly as strong as a true frame mount)

slidermounts.jpg

JKFlyer

LoD are also weld on...if you should choose to do so ;)

Are those frame mount, or body bracket mounted? Many companies claim "frame mount" but they use the tub/body mount.

LOD(weld on or bolt on)

main.php

Great info StrizzyChris

The Hyline ones are like your first pic...Bolt on to the frame. Had to actuall drill 6 holes in to frame of jeep on EACH side and then run a U-Bolt through and connect that way. Kind of a pain. In one spot i had to actually drill up and then tap the hole to thread it. It was a true labor of love but glad i was able to do it myself.:thankyou:

Top Bottom