Which Tow Strap???

FastZach

Looking for a solid tow strap and I was wondering what you guys have or like and how long. I have seen Bubba tow ropes out there but there are super expensive, are they worth it?

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Looking for a solid tow strap and I was wondering what you guys have or like and how long. I have seen Bubba tow ropes out there but there are super expensive, are they worth it?

Looking to tow a vehicle or get a fellow Jeeper or yourself unstuck?

Sharkey

Word Ninja

Looking to tow a vehicle or get a fellow Jeeper or yourself unstuck?

Yep, there is a big difference between a tow strap and a recovery or "snatch" strap. One is designed to be static, the other is designed to act like a rubber band. Which are you looking for?

FastZach

I'm looking for a 20'-30' strap for pulling out stuck vehicles and towing if needs be... Which do you all recommend?

Last edited:

Army_Vet

Banned
I'm looking for a 20'-30' strap for pulling out stuck vehicles and towing if needs be... Which do you all recommend?

Snatch straps are for yanking out stuck buddies. Like the bubba rope you cited. They are expensive, but are worth it when you need it. I have never needed it. A regular tow strap has met my needs fine. I have made several snatches with it. You just can't overload it.
If you want a snatch rope then you will have to pay for it. I would rather buy ten tow straps for the price of one bubba rope, but that is just me.

Sent from my XT907 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bill S

I've used my Nortern Tool straps for many years and never broken any. When they start to look bad just throw it away and get a new one. Both the 2in. and the 3in. work.

jesse3638

Hooked
Snatch straps are for yanking out stuck buddies. Like the bubba rope you cited. They are expensive, but are worth it when you need it. I have never needed it. A regular tow strap has met my needs fine. I have made several snatches with it. You just can't overload it.
If you want a snatch rope then you will have to pay for it. I would rather buy ten tow straps for the price of one bubba rope, but that is just me.

Sent from my XT907 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bubba ropes are really nice but they also take up alot of space. They usually come in a nylon carrying bag which doesn't conveniently fit in the little rear cubby like a rolled up strap. I found this website really helpful: www.uscargocontrol.com. They have straps of all shapes and sizes, shackles and other things, plus some really good informative videos on how to properly choose the correct recovery gear.

Last edited:

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I got this set up with the the wife's jeep. Supposedly all 2014 and up jeeps should come with this set up, if course the dealer had it in the back. Not a bad starter kit

Attachments

• 1394669623564.jpg
    1394669623564.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 207

Mdrnizd

I got this set up with the the wife's jeep. Supposedly all 2014 and up jeeps should come with this set up, if course the dealer had it in the back. Not a bad starter kit

Can anyone else with a 2014 confirm this? I just took possession of my 2014 Rubicon X last week and didn't get that set up.

Tigrcky

Yep, there is a big difference between a tow strap and a recovery or "snatch" strap. One is designed to be static, the other is designed to act like a rubber band. Which are you looking for?

would the word you are looking for be dynamic? i use the same kind of ropes in ice and rock climbing :thumb:

olram30

I got a 500 dollar rebate offer, and on the brochure it said all jeep wranglers come with it. It's a warn strap, d rings and warn gloves. I think I threw away the brochure. I'll check.

olram30

I guess I threw it away, but here is what I remember, I ordered a 2014 Rubicon x last November and took delivery on January 3. I had stopped by a week before delivery and showed the dealer the brochure. The box with the tow kit wasn't in the jeep. Ups delivered it and was in the parts department. So more than likely if you got a 14 and you didn't get it, it's in the parts department. They probably have stacks of them waiting to be sold.

Top Bottom