Rubicon express 2.5" lift kit

Cpyrd

Now I know this question is a matter of opinion. My local 4wd dealer highly recommends this lift but on this forum and others. Not too much mention of the quality. My jeep is my daily driver and I do tow a popup camper. Would this be a good lift kit candidate?

swag247

I have a Rubicon Express lift (3.5"), (my choice not a shop) and like it allot and highly recommend. They are quality parts.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Now I know this question is a matter of opinion. My local 4wd dealer highly recommends this lift but on this forum and others. Not too much mention of the quality. My jeep is my daily driver and I do tow a popup camper. Would this be a good lift kit candidate?

As mentioned, most shops will recommend what they either have in stock and/or get the biggest profits from. That is not to say that the kit in question is good or bad, just stating the facts.

Having said that, which 2.5" kit are you looking at, the budget boost? If so, you can't really go wrong with coil spacers.

munstie

I'm running there 3.5" radius arm lift needless to say it does work but I will be going back to a four link setup (evo) most likely. Tired of it eating up the front axle bushings.

Sent from the"Zone of Influence"

Cpyrd

2.5" Standard Coil Suspension System with Mono Tube Shocks
This Part Qualifies for Free Shipping.
$699.99

This is what they recommended. This is my first jeep and I have a limited budget.(don't we all?) I will be doing light to moderate trails not much rock crawling. Is there a better option? I am running 33" pro comp xtreme all terrains. Tomorrow will be my first ride at southington offroad park so I'll have a better idea of what I will really be needing.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
2.5" Standard Coil Suspension System with Mono Tube Shocks
This Part Qualifies for Free Shipping.
$699.99

This is what they recommended. This is my first jeep and I have a limited budget.(don't we all?) I will be doing light to moderate trails not much rock crawling. Is there a better option? I am running 33" pro comp xtreme all terrains. Tomorrow will be my first ride at southington offroad park so I'll have a better idea of what I will really be needing.

Well, there are a couple of things that you should be aware of. First, the coil lift will most likely give you more than 2.5" of lift and depending on how long the shocks are, they may provide too much droop and cause your 2014 front drive shaft to make contact with the exhaust crossover and get damaged. Of course, a replacement front shaft is the best solution to address this problem but, at $450, I suspect that will be out of your budget. Sure, you can install exhaust spacers but, that won't do anything to help prevent your rzeppa joint from failing prematurely.

Based on what you have stated, I personally would recommend that you get a standard 2.5" budget boost or coil lift as that will help ensure you will only get 2.5" of lift. With 33" tires, this will be more than enough for your needs. Otherwise, I might recommend that you look into a Rancho 3" lift as next month, they will be offering a $400 Visa gift card to go with your purchase - that might help you to buy other components you might need or want. Just a thought.

Cpyrd

Would this be the ranching kit you were referring to:

Part Number: RANRS66106B
Fits 2007 to 2014 Jeep JK Wrangler, Rubicon and Unlimited
2 and 4-door models
Black
3" lift
Includes adjustable front track bar
Front brake lines
Front bump stop spacers
Front brake line brackets

Also, wouldn't the budget boost kit utilize the same length shocks as the coil lift or would they be different because the coil lift is designed for more than the advertised lift?

Sorry for all the questions. This is all new to me.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Would this be the ranching kit you were referring to:

Part Number: RANRS66106B
Fits 2007 to 2014 Jeep JK Wrangler, Rubicon and Unlimited
2 and 4-door models
Black
3" lift
Includes adjustable front track bar
Front brake lines
Front bump stop spacers
Front brake line brackets

Yeah, that would be the one. A bit taller than what you were originally planning and it might still be an issue due to the fact that you have a 2014 but, the $400 visa gift card is something that might help offset your additional costs.

Also, wouldn't the budget boost kit utilize the same length shocks as the coil lift or would they be different because the coil lift is designed for more than the advertised lift?

No. Most budget boosts come with shock extensions or shocks that are closer to stock length. This helps to prevent too much droop.

JEFFMS457

I've got the Rubicon Express 2.5" lift. I chose that one after reading specs and reviews for a couple of months. (While my Jeep was being built). It will give you about a 3"inch lift. If you read carefully they are ALL an approximate numbers no matter the brand name. I combined it with Fox Performance Shocks and 35s on 18x10 wheels and I am extremely satisfied with the result. Keep in mind that if you do more than 3" your warranty will be affected. Also it has to be done by a Chrysler Authorized dealer. Check with your dealer. They normally recomend products that would match factory capabilities so they spend less during warranty periods. In my opinion a combination of lift and shocks is a plus to get good results.

Hack12

I just installed the Rubicon Express 2.5" Coil Kit with Bilstein 5100 shocks. I love the ride quality it gave me. However, be prepared to get about 3" or more of lift when all is said and done. I say 'or more' because I got slightly over 3" with steel bumpers and a stinger bar on the front. So if you have factory bumpers, expect a little more lift height all around. Here are a few shots of my rig.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1393641589.946018.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1393641608.679179.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1393641639.263494.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1393641668.012357.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1393641734.328453.jpg

Hack12

Here are a couple more from when I had my old set of wheels and tires on.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1393641895.593082.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1393641948.447453.jpg
I have since cut the boots off the shocks. All they did was collect dirt and rocks.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1393642006.878285.jpg

Panda

I'm running the 2.5 RE coil lift on my 2013 2dr, with Poison spyder bumpers tire carrier & winch, I'm sitting 2 1/4 inches higher than stock, I am very happy with it's off road performance it has good flex for a 2.5 inch lift IMO but on the road no where near as good as stock, I think I made a mistake not choosing rancho instead but having heard so many good reviews on evo here on WAL I wish I would have been here sooner & learned about enforcer lift I think it would have been worth the extra coin in the long run :yup:

Sent from bad apples...

Peej

I have the RE 2.5 on my 2011 JKUR. I didn't like the handling either, so I bought the AEV control arm drop brackets and WOW what a difference! It drives like it was new, maybe a little stiffer but the springs take the force of the bumps like they were designed. I figure I'm not going to be doing any xtreme trails until I upgrade later on, but it did do Amatista Ledges in Las Cruces and other trails of that difficulty " unlocked". Flexes really well and ran back to Colorado on the Interstate at 75 like stock.:)

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jay_r24

I've got the Rubicon Express 2.5" lift. I chose that one after reading specs and reviews for a couple of months. (While my Jeep was being built). It will give you about a 3"inch lift. If you read carefully they are ALL an approximate numbers no matter the brand name. I combined it with Fox Performance Shocks and 35s on 18x10 wheels and I am extremely satisfied with the result. Keep in mind that if you do more than 3" your warranty will be affected. Also it has to be done by a Chrysler Authorized dealer. Check with your dealer. They normally recomend products that would match factory capabilities so they spend less during warranty periods. In my opinion a combination of lift and shocks is a plus to get good results.

Are you running the Fox 2.0 shocks??

Sent from Junior's Iphone using WAYALIFE mobile app

noroad

I'm running there 3.5" radius arm lift needless to say it does work but I will be going back to a four link setup (evo) most likely. Tired of it eating up the front axle bushings.

Sent from the"Zone of Influence"

just do there 4 link up grade on the RE thats what i have and have had zero problems with bushings 15000 miles! rides great at high speeds to!

Top Bottom