[08 Jeep Warngler Unlimited] Upgrade/Modifactions Recomendations

tonytony9

Dear Forums,

Just purchased a black 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited around three weeks ago. Of course, I absolutely love everything about it. It is the X model, however, it seems like it has the oversized 17inch tire package with the running boards. Now, I am new to jeeps; so I wanted to know what the forums recommends I should upgrade. I am looking very much for appearance (I know many do more than just look nice) upgrades (ex: new bumpers, fenders, ect...), however, I am also very interested in what you recommend I upgrade OEM part wise. I mean speaking strictly in that case about parts which are know to break/would help benefit my Jeep's overall life if were upgraded.

So, if you guys could post up ideas you have for my Jeep, it would be very much appreciated! Below is a decent picture of it!
photo.PNG.jpeg

Also, a list of websites which sell jeep products at fair prices would be very helpful!

Thank you,
Tonytony9

-List of Things I Need: Here is a list of things I know I need just off the top of my head
1) Soft Top
2) Hitch

Last edited:

dahreno

Banned
Really, nothing should break if you don't go 4 wheeling. As far as appearance is concerned, that's up to you.

Army_Vet

Banned
As far as where to buy; support the forum sponsors. They are the best I have seen with addressing problems and concerns.

You need to give us an idea to how you are going to use it before we can recommend anything

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
What army vet said. On the other hand tho Quadratec has a lot of stuff that is more for appearance. I would look there as well

Sent from my iPhone

kornchip

Discount tire is definitely the place to look for tires. They have good prices, free shipping, and really good service.

steve_r2

Just a thought.....but if you want a little bit more go then consider a gear upgrade especially if you are considering going to 35s

bman198

One thing that I know was a problem with my fathers 4-door was that the suspension would sag in the front. If that is the case with yours I would recommend a leveling kit at the very least or perhaps even a small lift. You also said you were looking for a hitch. Im sure you could find one from MOPAR or something like that if you just want a hitch, however if your looking for a bumper as well, look into ACE Engineering at www.acejeep.com I have their pro series rear bumper and absolutely love it. It also comes with a hitch on it.

mgmavant

For appearances I would go for a modest lift (2-3") and 35" tires. The Evo Enforcer kit is great, and will include just about everything you will need. For purely looks, stick with the 3" kit, but if want more clearance for wheeling, go with the 4". For tires I would recommend the Nitto Trail Grapplers or maybe the Goodyear Duratracks (which are great in snow).

There's a ton of choices for bumpers, so just do some research to see what you like. I've got a JCR up front, Poison Spider on the back, LoD on the side and Evo underneath. I like each piece, and they all look pretty good (and each piece is made in the USA).

If you're not going to wheel, than you probably don't have to worry about any skid plates, but if you plan to hit the rocks get at least an oil pan skid - especially if you decide to run a budget boost.

The headlight upgrade is a great idea. The stock headlights are about the worst. The trucklights get good reviews here, but I don't have any experience with them.

Have fun with the new rig!

Sent from my MB886 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom