Our little TJ is almost all grown up!

rubiRI77

Hey everybody! So proud, so I wanted to share it here. Hope you don't mind.

My wife and I used to have an 07 JK 2 door Rubicon with 33's, etc. etc. Hence the screen name. We had to sell it because I needed a truck for work and at home. Some time went by, (not much because we could not be Jeep-less for very long) when we found a craigslist add for this TJ. I had already owned a 98 and missed it like crazy, so TJ it is. The price was right. And here's the big part - It had spent most of it's life in California! Maybe not a big deal to some, but those of us in the northeast and other similar places know it can be almost impossible to find an older Jeep that is not a total rust bucket. It was a little tired with 158,000 miles. I saw the potential though, so we bargained down a bit more, and brought her home! Here it is when we got it (this is the actual pic from the ad) A little tired, but a very good platform to start with.
00a0a_9st72OxUXLx_600x450.jpg
Well it took a tranny rebuild, a new windshield,and lots of time and doing small stuff to get it reliable and safe. Finally, it passed state inspection! :clap2:
After selling the other toy (Polaris Ranger - it will be missed, but this is WAY better) we had enough $$ to start getting the parts together and start building. So here comes the UPS man! We went with JCR bumpers front and rear and JCR steering skid, Metalcloak alum. fenders, alum. corner guards, and steel rocker guards, and 6" flares. We also went with their alum./steel gas tank skid. Add to that goodyear mtr/k's in 35x12.5/15 and Interco birddog wheels, and we are getting there! This took months to do by myself, and with the help of my buddy that lives next door. With the metal cloaks on, I could finally put on the 35's :thumb: They rubbed on full turns, and I didn't dare really wheel it, but at least it was starting to look cool. Not many pics of this stage, but you can kind of tell how it sat by the trailer pic. The pic before that is the day I got the tires and wheels. Yeah, I don't think they will quite fit yet!
HPIM2092.jpg HPIM2112.jpg
And that is how we drove for about two months. In the mean time, I had already gotten in line to have Clayton Offroad work their magic on her. Well, a few weeks ago the big day finally came! It was at their shop for two weeks :sigh: most of that time was waiting on the driveshafts to come in once they could measure for them. So….We are now officially broke :eek: Oh well. A little more debt never hurt anyone, or did it? ANYWAY! back to the story. Oh yeah, so Clayton did their 4" pro series long arm lift which is a 3 link front, and 4 link rear. They also added their full 1/4" main/engine skid plates, and spin tech muffler. Along with Dynatrac Prorock 44 front, and Prorock 60 rear, both with ARB air lockers, and 4.88's. They also customized some JKS miniskids to attach to the Front pro rock 44. We also did a Currie correctlync hd steering setup,and an Antirock sway bar. They did an awesome job! Now we have some serious hardware :clap2::rock:
So anyway, as of right now anyway, here she is. Someday when we get caught up again there will be a custom bent tailpipe (it does have some drone now), better seats, better roll cage, and lights, and…… Yeah, it will never be done! :D
1510805_664152146959282_1186359538_n.jpg 1782115_664263593614804_2093894252_n.jpg 1926716_667050000002830_10092364_n.jpg 1239839_668338189874011_1903580990_n.jpg HPIM2113.jpg HPIM2116.jpg HPIM2114.jpg HPIM2126.jpg HPIM2119.jpg

rubiRI77

thanks guys. I loved our JK. And who knows, someday there might be another. But for now, I am loving our little built up TJ!

David1tontj

It's good to see the little TJs grow up! It kills me seeing all the stock ones driving around, and I wish I could help them all, but for now, they just need to be driven by that teenage girl until one day, a responsible member I society like yourself, will bring it home and give it the life it always dreamed of!! Good job!!

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

rubiRI77

Thanks!
Yeah, the guy I bought it from was letting his son use it for commuting to college. He was basically running it into the ground. When we got it home there was hardly any oil, brake fluid, or power steering fluid in her! We saved it from an inevitable not so slow death just in time! :thumb:

It's good to see the little TJs grow up! It kills me seeing all the stock ones driving around, and I wish I could help them all, but for now, they just need to be driven by that teenage girl until one day, a responsible member I society like yourself, will bring it home and give it the life it always dreamed of!! Good job!!

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

Top Bottom