Is this becoming a trend?

RodCyn

Is it me? But it seems that there has been more posts of late, in the "for sale" section, by new members who are (apparently) only here to sell their stuff.

Now, I'm not one to pass up a good deal, but we're a community here, not craigs list. Am I wrong? :thinking: (thinking out loud)

JKWrang

Its a free, open forum with no minimum post count to sell. Therefore this will happen. Most of us jump on the "welcome to wayalife! " train and have a few laughs. I personally wouldn't buy from someone selling with their only post being for sale

Sent via secret squirrel underground network.

RodCyn

Its a free, open forum with no minimum post count to sell. Therefore this will happen. Most of us jump on the "welcome to wayalife! " train and have a few laughs. I personally wouldn't buy from someone selling with their only post being for sale

Yeah, I've seen that and have had a few laughs.. :cheesy:

StrizzyChris

I'm not Eddie, but I don't mind someone selling something as their first taste of WAL. I think it would only be an issue if that's all they keep using the site for on a regular basis. I know one member in the past had to be addressed about that issue.

JKWrang

I'm not Eddie, but I don't mind someone selling something as their first taste of WAL. I think it would only be an issue if that's all they keep using the site for on a regular basis. I know one member in the past had to be addressed about that issue.

I'd just be skeptical that its a scam artist. Youre on your own on those behind the scenes negotiations. Im sure some (most?) Of them are legitimate though. With my luck though I'd negotiate with that one dirtbag

StrizzyChris

I'd just be skeptical that its a scam artist. Youre on your own on those behind the scenes negotiations. Im sure some (most?) Of them are legitimate though. With my luck though I'd negotiate with that one dirtbag

PayPal is your best friend in those circumstances. Every time I send money through PayPal I write EVERY detail of what I and the Buyer stated the item was including condition. At that point it serves as a guarantee of sorts for a refund by them accepting your money. JUST DONT GIFT anyone you don't know money!!!

JKWrang

PayPal is your best friend in those circumstances. Every time I send money through PayPal I write EVERY detail of what I and the Buyer stated the item was including condition. At that point it serves as a guarantee of sorts for a refund by them accepting your money. JUST DONT GIFT anyone you don't know money!!!

I've had people ask me to do that. Its an instant deal killer. No saving it after that!

JAGS

Hooked

I'm guilty of starting that train on a few occasions. Tips people to the fact we are more than listing shit for sale. That we want folks to be active members...not just sell stuff, wave to newbs, or be internet trolls/tools.

And like you said, I wouldn't buy from someone that only did that either.

Brankz

Free forum they cAn do what ever they want as long as it's not BS.

Thrust me if it is something bad or not permitted you will noticed cause we all jump in attacking that person ;)

MTG

Caught the Bug
I take it as a complement. Many are probably embittered ex JK-whatever forums member who are too embarrassed by their loyalty to other forums to sign up here. Then again, maybe they just want to make a quick sale and don't want to get involved with a forum and all that it entails. :cheesy:

JAGS

Hooked
Then again, maybe they just want to make a quick sale and don't want to get involved with a forum and all that it entails. :cheesy:

True, some people just aren't good at making new friends, online or otherwise. We don't have any examples of this do we?

JKWrang

True, some people just aren't good at making new friends, online or otherwise. We don't have any examples of this do we?

Wait. I thought we were friends? All of us! No? Dam. :cheesy:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
If you feel someone is using the forum just to sell stuff just report the post. The rules they agreed to upon signing up read,

Can I be a member just to sell stuff?

No. If your only purpose for being a member of WAYALIFE.com is to sell things, your privileges here will be revoked and your account suspended.

Mods and admins will look into if further.

munstie

What about sending 50 waves once a month and burying everything else.:screwy:

Sent from the"Zone of Influence"

munstie

Is it just me or is it kinda funny we just get done talking about this and two different for sale posts pop up doing this very thing:banghead:

MTG

Caught the Bug
munstie said:
Is it just me or is it kinda funny we just get done talking about this and two different for sale posts pop up doing this very thing:banghead:

I had the same thought.

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

I'm guilty of starting that train on a few occasions. Tips people to the fact we are more than listing shit for sale. That we want folks to be active members...not just sell stuff, wave to newbs, or be internet trolls/tools.

And like you said, I wouldn't buy from someone that only did that either.

While it depends on the deal (haha) I just say welcome and move along. I would however, be supportive of making the for sale section having a minimum post count before being allowed to post up. Just a low count (10-25). If they try posting maybe the site can auto-kick them a response to go to the newb section and give a wave and participate and not even post their listing.

Top Bottom