1310 or 1350?

suicideking

I need to get my rear DS replaced, probably ordering one within the next day or so. So 1310 or 1350 for 37's (not going larger)?

I have broken 2 OEM rear DS's due to my unique driving style. :idontknow:
So is 1310 enough for 37's considering my 'history' with breaking them? Or would 1350 be better.

From a quick google search, the 1350 runs about $250~ more not including the yoke.

StrizzyChris

I would never replace the rear with anything smaller than a 1350...others will say the same about the front, but Im a gambler and am going with 1310 in the front.

1350 for the win :thumb:

Bullwinckle

Hooked
I would go with 1350s just because their stronger and one less breaking point you have to worry about well less likely of a chance of a break lol :brows:

suicideking

Thanks guys. I figured 1350 would be the way to go, but was in denial because they cost more. Once again, the answer is to throw more money at it. :beer:

suicideking

So after doing some more research, some mention the 1350 would only be necessary for 40's and that it could strip the ring and pinion vs. just breaking the U joint on the 1310.

jeeeep

Hooked
So after doing some more research, some mention the 1350 would only be necessary for 40's and that it could strip the ring and pinion vs. just breaking the U joint on the 1310.

well...depends on the axle and gear ratio..if you're running 5:13's on a D30 then yea, your chances of breaking go up even with 1310's because the pinion gets smaller. A D44 with taller gears the pinion is thicker but I really don't know at what ratio they begin to get smaller.

1350's with 37's is what I was recommended by a reputable shop here and Coast ...

I was also considering the price when I bought my DS and didn't think I would go larger than 35 anytime soon. well......... now I wish I had gone 1350 because 37's will be on soon but i'll do 1350 in the back and convert the front :icon_crazy:

even so, depending on how you drive (you've already broken stocks) you could still do the same damage with any combination...

From personal experience, you'll kick yourself in the ass if you don't go 1350 the first time around. I too was told 1310's would be ok for 37's but when I got them the idea of going any bigger for tires wasn't in the plans, but plans change and now I'm again having to buy twice:banghead:

Sent from my DROID4 using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

I would do 1350 on anything greater than 35's. Eddie has said it before as well

Sent from my iPhone

Top Bottom