Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1310 or 1350?

Knows a Thing or Two suicideking's Avatar

1310 or 1350?

I need to get my rear DS replaced, probably ordering one within the next day or so. So 1310 or 1350 for 37's (not going larger)?

I have broken 2 OEM rear DS's due to my unique driving style.
    So is 1310 enough for 37's considering my 'history' with breaking them? Or would 1350 be better.

From a quick google search, the 1350 runs about $250~ more not including the yoke.

I would never replace the rear with anything smaller than a 1350...others will say the same about the front, but Im a gambler and am going with 1310 in the front.

1350 for the win
    2013 Dune JKU Rubicon <-- Build Thread

37" Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" ATX Slabs, EVO BO Coilovers Front and Rear, GenRight Rear Tire Carrier, RK Front lower Control Arms, Adams 1310 Front DS, LOD Sliders, DynoMax Comp Exhaust, EVO ProTek Skids, Fender Trim, EVO 1/4 Pounder and stinger, Warn 9.5ti, EVO C-Gussets, AEV Procal, Trektop NX

***Buy Jeep parts Made in the U.S.A.!!!***

I would go with 1350s just because their stronger and one less breaking point you have to worry about well less likely of a chance of a break lol

1350 since you are Running 37's.

Sent from my iPhone
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

Thanks guys. I figured 1350 would be the way to go, but was in denial because they cost more. Once again, the answer is to throw more money at it.

So after doing some more research, some mention the 1350 would only be necessary for 40's and that it could strip the ring and pinion vs. just breaking the U joint on the 1310.

The Original Smartass piginajeep's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suicideking View Post
    So after doing some more research, some mention the 1350 would only be necessary for 40's and that it could strip the ring and pinion vs. just breaking the U joint on the 1310.
    1310's snap like a twig on 37's. Ask me how I know
    2012 JK8
    1958 FC170 (Jeep Forward Control)
    1953 M38A1

Quote Originally Posted by piginajeep View Post
    This is good to know. I have heard of this and have seen it in videos. So when I order mine 1350's is the way to go.
    .________
    /l_|,[_____],
    l--|--L --OlllllllO-
    ()_)()_)--o--)_)

Quote Originally Posted by piginajeep View Post
    How do you know?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast