Blinker Mod for 2013

blurubi

Ok guys so I read through many forums and compiled the info needed but wished someone would have made a video for dummies to easily understand and feel confident to take on this really easy mod.
I feel Jeep should have did this from the get go. Anyway here is my attempt to make a video and show the process hope this helps.
PS I would suggest using some di-electric grease on connections.

ttfhell

That's the one I used. The wire on the passenger side from the blinker is the top wire not the bottom as on the driver side.

GuillaumeC91

Very nifty mod. Does it still work as a regular parking light?

Yep it does. When the parking lights are off, the regular blinker and side marker flash at the same time, but when you turn the parking lights on, they start blinking intermittently like in the video. It's kinda cool, makes for two different blink patterns.

Don't follow me, I'm lost too! O|||||||O

USMC Wrangler

This one one of my first mods. Still working great two years later.

I don't have these in LED yet, but I've seen a bunch. So it has been done, I just don't know if there are any special wiring additions needed. I'm sure someone will chime in that's done this.

SilverBack

This mod doesn't work with LED side marker lights. The reason is that an LED is polarity sensitive and an incandescent bulb (stock) isn't. I have come up with another mod but yet to try it out but will post when I do.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
This mod doesn't work with LED side marker lights. The reason is that an LED is polarity sensitive and an incandescent bulb (stock) isn't. I have come up with another mod but yet to try it out but will post when I do.

Not sure if the wiring is different but I have a 2012 and an LED and have done the blinker mod. No issues and it's been well over a year.

SilverBack

Do your side marker lights come on and flash with your lights on and off when the turn signal is engaged? Or does it remain off at all times and flash when your lights are on or off and the turn signal is engaged? There are ways to make it work with an LED but you loose functionality of one or the other because you are trying to get a single light (1 positive and 1 Negative or ground) in the side marker to perform the same as a duel filament light ( 2 positives and 1 negative or ground) in the front parking/turn signal.

georgi.photo

I installed mine with LED lights.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434804937.362699.jpg

I used the OP video to do mine. When the lights are off, they act as a blinker light as well. But when the lights are on, they are back to being side markers. No they do not blink with the turn signal at that point. Don't know why, but I'm sure it has to do with the wiring harness. I did have an extra ground which I attached to the bracket that holds the support structure in place.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434805180.021397.jpg

Hopefully this helps.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Giving this a bump as I just completed the mod today. I used some weather tight butt connectors instead of the splice connectors as shown, but it took awhile due to the tight work space. I’m interested to see if other drivers approaching from the sides, respond better to my signals now that they will see them?

Top Bottom