Flash cal and PSI

Sugarbear

So I got the flash cal and got my tires mounted and balanced but they put regular valve stems in since I didn't lift my jeep yet and still have the monitors on stock wheels will the flash cal let me turn the tire light totally off or am I gonna have to get the monitors put back in the new wheels

You can turn it off but you have to Vin lock the flash cal first by plugging it to the jeep then with the spark updater on the computer download the offroad tpms thing.

Sent from my XT1056 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I did mine about a month ago and it worked. You just have to make sure to download the upgrade after you have the flashcal Vin locked.

Sent from my XT1056 using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
And to vin lock I just plug it in right ?

yep. just plug it in the thr OB2 port under your steering wheel and it will vin lock it. then you will be able to turn the TPMS off, set your new tire size properly for your speedo and such, and a few other things later down the road.

Trembley

Ok...I down loaded through the new thing and don't have an option to turn it off....or see offroad mode....which screen is it under?

Alan30

Thanks Alan I'll look later

Also, do the upgrade for the Flashpaq power tuning. On the 87 octane tune I got 19 mpg on the way home and I was surprised to feel any difference in power. The throttle response did improve, again much to my surprise

Mine has a totally different place to enable/disable the TPMS. (I don't remember exactly where. I think it is lower than the tire pressure menu selection though.)

When I originally purchased the unit I could adjust the pressure between 10-75, after an update the range is between 22-56. However, when I set it to 22 the driver's side rear still complains and wants 29. The other three are happy. If I set it to 23 then it wants 30??? I still have and want to use TPMS. I just want it set way lower. This issue is a known bug and they are working on it. I have a case number and will let update if/when it is fixed.

For now I downloaded the free TPMS disable and it works fine. (Note: this is actually a purchase, but it costs $0.00)

Sugarbear

Mine has a totally different place to enable/disable the TPMS. (I don't remember exactly where. I think it is lower than the tire pressure menu selection though.)

When I originally purchased the unit I could adjust the pressure between 10-75, after an update the range is between 22-56. However, when I set it to 22 the driver's side rear still complains and wants 29. The other three are happy. If I set it to 23 then it wants 30??? I still have and want to use TPMS. I just want it set way lower. This issue is a known bug and they are working on it. I have a case number and will let update if/when it is fixed.

For now I downloaded the free TPMS disable and it works fine. (Note: this is actually a purchase, but it costs $0.00)

Where did u download the TPMS disable??

steve_r2

There is a setting I think in where there is a disclaimer first then it allows you to fully disable TPMS.....Will find it later once I finish work.
I think it is under "Advanced Settings" somewhere... I'll have a look see.

Where did u download the TPMS disable??

You do it within the "Spark Updater" tool. To get this you need to register the unit. It only takes a minute. It is on a splash page that you only get once the unit is on the latest version. It looks like your buying an option but the cost is free. Once downloaded you scan the programmer again for updates and the TPMS disable will be loaded.

Trembley

Well, I'm not sure how I did it, but I fixed my issue....downloaded spark on a different computer...said I was updated...went out plugged in the flashcal found the option and turned tpms off...easy as that....might actually consider upgrading to the flashpaq now! Lol..

Top Bottom