teraflex 2.5" lift kit with shocks

Hangemhigh1

I am looking at very soon getting my lift for my 2013 JKUR After much investigating I seem to be leaning toward the Teraflex 2.5" lift kit with the shocks (don't laugh all of you with huge lifts) For me it works budget wise. Now I'm turning to all you wise and knowledgeable fellow jeepers out there for your opinion on this particular lift and how good or not good it may be. thank you in advance for your thoughts. I am going to keep the stock wheels and mud terrains. This is my daily driver.

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I am looking at very soon getting my lift for my 2013 JKUR After much investigating I seem to be leaning toward the Teraflex 2.5" lift kit with the shocks (don't laugh all of you with huge lifts) For me it works budget wise. Now I'm turning to all you wise and knowledgeable fellow jeepers out there for your opinion on this particular lift and how good or not good it may be. thank you in advance for your thoughts. I am going to keep the stock wheels and mud terrains. This is my daily driver.

i have this kit and my two words of advise are

1. try and take a ride in someones jeep with it already installed. its a little bit of a rough ride but it maybe to rough for you to enjoy. ride is subjective.
2. if you do get the kit make sure you get the kit bare without the shocks. teraflex shocks are STIFF. i would pair the kit with bilstein 5100's or a set of ranchos to help smooth it out.

09blackruby

I have this lift with the terra shocks.. I ended up adding front and rear adjustable track bars and aev drop brackets. I'm not saying any of my additions were ideal but my jeep rides nice and steers nice. It's not a soft ride but not horrible I would say about the same as stock.. Now I just drove my buddies jeep all weekend with a rock krawler 3.5 with the blistines and it's much taller and has a bit more of a cushy feel than mine. I want to swap out my springs for the 3 in plush rides. My advice would be not to go for the cheap price as you will probably be adding additional parts or in the end buying twice to get what u really want. I would not have gone the route I did if I was on this forum when I started my jeep mods.

Last edited:

madgunnermaurer

might try a rough country,,

Cheap and me and my wife put it on,, under 200.00,, i love it,, saved the money for new tires and wheels.

Hangemhigh1

The lift I'm looking for has springs shocks trackbar brackets and bumpstops for about $1000. According to what I've read, that is all I'll need. Am I missing something?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
The lift I'm looking for has springs shocks trackbar brackets and bumpstops for about $1000. According to what I've read, that is all I'll need. Am I missing something?

if it makes a difference i paid less than $800 from northridge for mine. the only difference between the two kits (kit w/o shocks and kit w/ shocks) is the shocks. if i were you i would look at the one without shocks and get a different set like the bilstein or the ranchos like previously mentioned. the nice thing about the ranchos currently as well is that they have a rebate going on. you can get $400 back

09blackruby

if it makes a difference i paid less than $800 from northridge for mine. the only difference between the two kits (kit w/o shocks and kit w/ shocks) is the shocks. if i were you i would look at the one without shocks and get a different set like the bilstein or the ranchos like previously mentioned. the nice thing about the ranchos currently as well is that they have a rebate going on. you can get $400 back

I'm in agreement with above. You won't need anything else to run this lift. I'm just OCD and wanted to dial it in a little more which I have done. Get the lift then shop for better shocks and u will be happy once installed. I also ran mine with the stock ruby wheels and tires for a while and it worked fine. I think it looked a little better with wheel spacers once lifted.. IMO...

Nhfd01

I have the 2.5 coil lift with the shock adapters found it for 421.00 shipped, I personally added teraflex monster frt track bar, love the ride

BayouJeep

Teraflex 2.5" lift

I have the Teraflex 2.5" Suspension lift on my JKU with 35s and i love the lift. It has plenty of room for 35s :thumb:

Tranquillity

Get the kit with the shocks extension, cheaper and you will be able to save for better shocks.

Have you considered wheel spacer too ? Keeping your stock wheel will result in rubbing to your rear link.

Top Bottom