Lift kits specifically designed for 2014 JKUR

raginkgin1

First of all, I have learned so much from this community as it pertains to mod's for JKUs and what I want to do to and with mine. I am going to go directly from stock to a 3.5 or 4.0 " lift with 37".

What still remains unanswered in my mind is which lift kit works specifically with the off road electronics in my JKUR? If there are none designed specifically with a JKURs off road electronics that what additional components should I add to my purchase? Final question, what are the benefits of a lift kit with a long arm vs a short arm package?

TIA,

Steve

Sent from my Windows Nokia Lumia 928

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
All lift kits will work with the electronics. The one thing that you just need to worry about is having front sway bars that are long enough that when disconnected they don't fold over at full droop.

With as much lift as you want I would go long arm. This will give you the best on road handling and off road handling. It will not increase your flex at all.

Also don't forget that over 3" of lift you will need to look at new driveshafts. Since you want to be running 37's I would get 1350 shafts from je reel or coast.

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:

noroad

well you sould not have a problem with anything if the lift is done right! All lifts that are out will be just fine with everything driving wise! That being said if you drive on the highway a lot you prob are deff going to want a long arm as the ride will be easier with that large amount of lift. My vote is a long arm if you have the money, as for going right to 37s i will say two things #1 if you have never drivin a lifted rig you might want to try it out before jumping right on to 37s is a little bit different driving (but deff do able not trying to scare you) #2 you have the 44 up front which is great along with 4.10s and the 4-1 transfer case so they wont be to bad of a combo off the bat, you only main problem is going to be you c's you are going to want to gusset them asap, and i would stay away from sleeving them as you might kill chances of futur upgrade options and they have little help!

^^^^^Beat me to it lol i was typeing all this out and yaa good point f/r drive shafts!

raginkgin1

All lift kits will work with the electronics. The one thing that you just need to worry about is having front sway bars that are long enough that when disconnected they don't fold over at full droop.

With as much lift as you want I would go long arm. This will give you the best on road handling and off road handling. It will not increase your flex at all.

Also don't forget that over 3" of lift you will need to look at new driveshafts. Since you want to be running 37's I would get 1350 shafts from je reel or coast.

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks for the response and recommendations. I'll look into sway bar options.

raginkgin1

well you sould not have a problem with anything if the lift is done right! All lifts that are out will be just fine with everything driving wise! That being said if you drive on the highway a lot you prob are deff going to want a long arm as the ride will be easier with that large amount of lift. My vote is a long arm if you have the money, as for going right to 37s i will say two things #1 if you have never drivin a lifted rig you might want to try it out before jumping right on to 37s is a little bit different driving (but deff do able not trying to scare you) #2 you have the 44 up front which is great along with 4.10s and the 4-1 transfer case so they wont be to bad of a combo off the bat, you only main problem is going to be you c's you are going to want to gusset them asap, and i would stay away from sleeving them as you might kill chances of futur upgrade options and they have little help!

^^^^^Beat me to it lol i was typeing all this out and yaa good point f/r drive shafts!

I have driven a few with 2.5" lifts and 35s on the highway. Is there going to be a dramatic difference with another 2"s of lift and tire? Now to find someone with a JKU with those specs willing to let me drive it!

noroad

I have driven a few with 2.5" lifts and 35s on the highway. Is there going to be a dramatic difference with another 2"s of lift and tire? Now to find someone with a JKU with those specs willing to let me drive it!

no it not that big from 35s you should be fine it not a huge difference, but from stock 29s to 37s is a game changer!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, all lift kits made for the 2007-Up JK will work with any model JK out there including the Rubicon and the only thing you will want to make sure is that your front sway bar links are long enough to prevent over-extending them at a full droop. Jeeps without the e-disco feature will just manually disconnect their links and so it is not an issue for them.

MTG

Caught the Bug
I'll disagree with some of the above. You do not need a kit with long arms at 3.5 to 4". I'd focus on getting a quality kit from a reputable manufacturer rather than what the kit consists of.

Of course what type of kit you ultimately get will depend on how you intend to use your jeep and your budget. Without knowing either it is hard to make a recommendation.

As for electronic doo-hickey's (industry term), one you will want to get is a programmer for the larger tires you want to run (e.g. procal or flashcal).

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I'll disagree with some of the above. You do not need a kit with long arms at 3.5 to 4". I'd focus on getting a quality kit from a reputable manufacturer rather than what the kit consists of.

Of course what type of kit you ultimately get will depend on how you intend to use your jeep and your budget. Without knowing either it is hard to make a recommendation.

As for electronic doo-hickey's (industry term), one you will want to get is a programmer for the larger tires you want to run (e.g. procal or flashcal).

I agree. Don't need long arms at that height.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Don't forget some type of calibration tool for larger tires. Not calibrating will affect on road driving.

noroad

never said you need a long arm just said if you do highway driving its a lot smoother at high speeds and suggested that!

Top Bottom