Need new drive shafts for my 2012 jk

REDRUMZ

Hey guys, need some input on new drive shafts for my 2012 rubicon, have a 3 1/2" lift and 37's. Trying to get the best bang for the buck.. I do a fair share of wheel'n but mostly a daily driver. Have looked at the JE Reel shafts but don't know anyone running them.. Thanks

10frank9

Web Wheeler
With your setup I recommend JE Reel 1350s. I run JE Reel and am very pleased with their quality and they come with made in the USA Neapco U-Joints. They are also a So Cal company and I like to support local business. :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys, need some input on new drive shafts for my 2012 rubicon, have a 3 1/2" lift and 37's. Trying to get the best bang for the buck.. I do a fair share of wheel'n but mostly a daily driver. Have looked at the JE Reel shafts but don't know anyone running them.. Thanks

Really? Well, I've run a lot of drive shafts including custom made ones but prefer JE Reel especially being that they use high quality made in the USA Neapco U-joints standard.

BadApple

Am I the only one that got garbage quality from JE Reel or should I contact them for a replacement

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Am I the only one that got garbage quality from JE Reel or should I contact them for a replacement

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

I suppose you need to define what garbage quality is? If you're really as unhappy with what you got as you say, I'm not sure why you haven't contacted them sooner :idontknow:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
What was wrong with them?

i believe in his build thread that it looked like they were shipped still wet so when he was unboxing them some of the black paint came off. other than that i dont remember anything else wrong about it. maybe he will chime in and clarify.

REDRUMZ

Ill most likely go with the REEL drive shafts, however just wanted to ask about the Tom woods shafts before I spend my money.

BBG

Ill most likely go with the REEL drive shafts, however just wanted to ask about the Tom woods shafts before I spend my money.

Don't waste your time with Tom woods buddy of mine snapped his rear the second time we went out wheeling.... He did 1310's with 35's . When I look under a lot of rigs now the majority run je reel I personally have rubicon express and have been lucky so far. ..... better belive when they fail I'm going with reel 1350's next :yup :thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-I605 using WAYALIFE mobile app

BadApple

Cozdude you are correct. I am very upset with the finished product, not because of functionality it hasnt been driven since it has been installed, but because i did alot of research and going back and forth between other manufactures before making my final decision and i received a half ass painted product. I guess i shouldnt bash them but i paid good money for it and it arrived in less than mediocre condition.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Cozdude you are correct. I am very upset with the finished product, not because of functionality it hasnt been driven since it has been installed, but because i did alot of research and going back and forth between other manufactures before making my final decision and i received a half ass painted product. I guess i shouldnt bash them but i paid good money for it and it arrived in less than mediocre condition.

My driveshaft has been installed less then two months and it's already scratched up. Also it's under my rig and I can't see it unless I am greasing it. Not sure I would say JE Reel suck because the paper was stuck to the shaft. If you called the place you ordered from they would probably do something for you.

BadApple

My driveshaft has been installed less then two months and it's already scratched up. Also it's under my rig and I can't see it unless I am greasing it. Not sure I would say JE Reel suck because the paper was stuck to the shaft. If you called the place you ordered from they would probably do something for you.

Im gonna run it for that exact reason im just not happy with it. i like installing nice looking new parts lol. I ordered from Northridge but it dropshipped from JE Reel

Top Bottom