Only in America

StrizzyChris

Found this article and the first thought that came to my mind is....Only in America!

327c8cc299f4e3f41e88a69be64e575c.jpg

Last week, Roy Ortiz's attorney filed papers showing that his client intends to sue several first responders who took part in rescuing Ortiz last September, when he became trapped in his car on a section of U.S. 287 during a flash flood.

The document, lists Boulder County sheriff's deputies, a member of the Westminster dive team, Broomfield and the North Metro Fire Rescue District as potential defendants.

On Sept. 12, Ortiz's vehicle was washed off the road, and the rushing waters flipped the car upside down.

It took North Metro Fire Rescue about two hours to bring Ortiz to safety.

Ortiz now claims that rescuers were negligent in their duty because they should have extracted him from his car faster.

Full article HERE

HoosierWolf

I would file a counter suit because his negligence endangered my life as well as those of the others that responded.

In a better world he and his attorney would both be publicly flogged for this BS.

In a perfect world, those who responded would be able to offer him a refund on their efforts to save his life.

eeftw

Maybe if his diet consisted of less burritos and more salads the rescuers wouldn't have had as much trouble. :naw:

StrizzyChris

Maybe if his diet consisted of less burritos and more salads the rescuers wouldn't have had as much trouble. :naw:

^^well that was kinda racist, but I still stand by the fact that its insane that someone ILLEGAL uses the LEGAL system to come out ahead after USING the tax payers rescue system to even be alive when he was negligent!

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
EDIT: oops didn't see the link to the interview at the bottom of Chris' link.

Saw him and his lawyer on Fox News the other day. The anchor does the first half of the interview setting up the story and then comes back from commercial break and says, "so I just want to know, is your client here legally?"

Lawyer: That has no relevance to this case (as Rodriguez is smiling)

Anchor: So you just told me during the commercial break that you didn't think your client was here legally

Lawyer: Well I told you that in confidence and it doesn't matter.

Thankfully Fox did right and cut him off.

Unreal.

Last edited:
Top Bottom