2016 Jeep Wrangler - Looks Like it's Coming for Sure

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Over a year ago, I had posted up the following preview of Mopar's future of which was originally published on AllPar's website. At the time, the information was said to be a fixed representation of what we could expect to see and so far, it's been pretty accurate.

attachment.php

As shown for the Jeep brand, we did get a new Cherokee in 2013, we did get a refresh of the Grand Cherokee in 2013, we are now seeing a new B-Jeep called the Renegade in 2014 and so far as I can tell, everything is pointing to a 2015 release of a Grand Wagoneer - just as the chart above had stated. Now, if we can trust that this chart will remain accurate and look ahead, I think it's pretty clear that we will for sure see a refreshed Wrangler in 2016. Whether or not it'll come with a steel roof, in a pick-up or even IFS, nobody knows for sure but, I think it's looking more and more likely that we will see something new for at least the Wrangler. To back this up, here is a new preview that AllPar just posted up today and by the look of it, things still seem to be on track.

2013-2016-small-rev.gif

I don't know about any of you but I'm eager to see what they come out with next!! :thumb:

Over a year ago, I had posted up the following preview of Mopar's future of which was originally published on AllPar's website. At the time, the information was said to be a fixed representation of what we could expect to see and so far, it's been pretty accurate.

attachment.php

As shown for the Jeep brand, we did get a new Cherokee in 2013, we did get a refresh of the Grand Cherokee in 2013, we are now seeing a new B-Jeep called the Renegade in 2014 and so far as I can tell, everything is pointing to a 2015 release of a Grand Wagoneer - just as the chart above had stated. Now, if we can trust that this chart will remain accurate and look ahead, I think it's pretty clear that we will for sure see a refreshed Wrangler in 2016. Whether or not it'll come with a steel roof, in a pick-up or even IFS, nobody knows for sure but, I think it's looking more and more likely that we will see something new for at least the Wrangler. To back this up, here is a new preview that AllPar just posted up today and by the look of it, things still seem to be on track.

View attachment 73659

I don't know about any of you but I'm eager to see what they come out with next!! :thumb:

I'm honestly worried about the Wrangler right now. If those latest designs you posted the other day (Renegade) are any reflection of the direction Jeep is headed in.... :( I remain optimistic for the present time though.

Landman

I don't understand why everyone is so hellbent on smashing the newer designs. When did the Patriot/Liberty line EVER really look good lol! These are not the Wrangler and vice versa. I'm really really looking forward to drivetrain options!

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

munstie

I actually like the look of the new wrangler. I do have to agree with Overlander a truck would be awesome.

Sent from the"Zone of Influence"

Hack12

Scrambler pick-up would be cool. I'm also very anxious to see how they revamp the next generation Wrangler.

While we all would LOVE a truck, in MY opinion, the Wrangler has already grown to a huge bloated beast. It is already too large for many tight trails, out here, especially in Utah, and California, where the formations of sandstone and mud hills are so tight. It has lost it's direction from the original small,-do anything,-rugged,-and EASY to buy, and work on. When I see the cost of aftermarket for the newer Jeeps, and the garbage you must remove, or dig around to work on them, I cringe. Of course I started with a 1946 ex-Navy Jeep, and it had a top end of about 50 MPH, had three shifters, and was a bear to steer with out power steering or brakes!
I also went to a CJ-5 from there, and to an "83" Scrambler from there. My 89 YJ was a pig with it's horrible carb, and smog crud. my "94" Cherokee was a nice ride, but the body fell apart, and it was a bear to repair the sheet metal. My "95" YJ was a great ride, and I had it until 2010, when I sold it with 255,000 miles, and bought my current Cherokee. I just bought an "06", TJ, and so far love it. I still have the Cherokee as it is a good family car, and fairly economical. But when I looked at the JK series....NAH!...too big, too fancy, and waaaaay too expensive for a basically a mall hauler. I would have hoped that Fiat-Chysler would have kept the size of the TJ, and refined the old 4.0 or replaced with a V-6 like the 3.8. Guess my perfect Jeep would have something like a 4BT, Cummins, and would come with your choice of 4.56, or 4.10 gears, have Warn style locking front hubs, and a two speed transfer case, be able to transport 2 adults, and have a decent soft top, or removable hard top.
So, as the saying goes....you can't please all the people, but you can TRY to please a few?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
But when I looked at the JK series....NAH!...too big, too fancy, and waaaaay too expensive for a basically a mall hauler.

:eek:Blasphemy!:cheesy: To each their own I guess, but I disagree with you. For me, the JKU falls right in the middle of the sweet spot in terms of size and wheelbase. I'd love to see some pics of the trails you are running for which a JK or JKU is too big. Not saying their aren't any, just saying I think its the exception not the rule. For me, the added stability (and abilities) are worth the extra width and length. If I want to run a 4 foot wide trail, I'll ride a quad. Plus, not having to trailer your rig to get to a 3 day run is also a plus (e.g. it's nice to have some extra room for stuff and to be able to comfortably drive 70-80 mph on the freeway to and from.)

As for the mall hauler comment well...I'll just leave it at this...have you watched the JK Experience before (or any of the Wayalife videos?)

dahreno

Banned
Fact of the matter is the JKU will out perform every Jeep Slick Rock Steve mentioned. It will do it with more comfort, and room inside.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Fact of the matter is the JKU will out perform every Jeep Slick Rock Steve mentioned. It will do it with more comfort, and room inside.

Id have to agree here. My first exposure to open top Jeeps was a YJ on 35s. Fun little rig but rode like crap even with Deaver springs. I've taken my 83' CJ7 all over, from California to South Carolina. Although I miss the fun factor, my JK and JKU are leaps and bounds better and more capable that it was. And on the highway going to and from the trails or to work 62 miles a day, there were times the CJ was sketchy as hell! Maybe I'm spoiled now, but I'm not sure why I would want less out of a vehicle like this. I have all the capability I need, room for the wife and I and camping gear, room for the kids and its a nice place to be. I enjoy spending time behind the wheel.

Top Bottom