Got jeep back today unbelievable

tintman3

Got my jeep back today new gears 488 and new bilstein 5160's cant believe the difference in ride and power (2012 jk auto) photo (7).jpg

StrizzyChris

I dont have a 2012 :mad: but just out of curriousity could you give us some specs of the new 4.88's...just wanna keep my knowledge base on the new engine trans combo. I know there are "gear sheets" for this, but nothing like real life numbers.

What are your rpm's @ 55, 65, and 75/80 mph while in OD, and not accelerating, on level ground/highway? What size tire are you running and any other aftermarket engine parts/tunes? Thanks

tintman3

i dont have a 2012 :mad: but just out of curriousity could you give us some specs of the new 4.88's...just wanna keep my knowledge base on the new engine trans combo. I know there are "gear sheets" for this, but nothing like real life numbers.

What are your rpm's @ 55, 65, and 75/80 mph while in od, and not accelerating, on level ground/highway? What size tire are you running and any other aftermarket engine parts/tunes? Thanks

havent broken in yet have to be easy for 100 miles but at 50 mph 1900-2000 rpm banks cold air, magnaflow cat back, toyo 35/12.5/18 tires

Sahara707

What transmission do you have? Manuel or 3spd / 4spd automatic? I have the same setup 35", 4.88 and a 3spd automatic. 3k @ 60mph. Great climbing, Highway :(.

Attachments

• image-2772751627.jpg
    image-2772751627.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 97

tbreaux

Hi Tintman. FYI, My 5160s were installed very similar to yours (resi rear of the main shock tube). With my 35x12.5x17 BFG KM2s at full turn the tire could rub the reservoir and turn it. If it turns enough, the fitting would hit the shock tower and crack (Two separate problems). Today, my resi is mounted towards the front of the jeep (resting against the coil mount) so the tire can't rub against it.

Tim

tintman3

Hi Tintman. FYI, My 5160s were installed very similar to yours (resi rear of the main shock tube). With my 35x12.5x17 BFG KM2s at full turn the tire could rub the reservoir and turn it. If it turns enough, the fitting would hit the shock tower and crack (Two separate problems). Today, my resi is mounted towards the front of the jeep (resting against the coil mount) so the tire can't rub against it.

Tim

You must have a diff backspace on your wheels mine don't rub

Top Bottom