Hello! ? About King 2.5" Bump stops

kevinp

Hello there!

So, I have a RK 2.5MT lift and Bilstein 5160s. I'm thinking about installing THESE BUMP STOPS. King's website shows them being used in conjunction with coils (opposed to coilovers). Is that the case?

Thank you!
Kevin

TheDuff

You can use them with coils, they go on the same spot the factory bump stop is now

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

ChaosNein

Oooops, looks like we need to update out pic on the website. Yes the bumps you are looking for will fit in your factory towers with minor trimming.

ChaosNein

no sir. they actually have some adjustability built into the can if need be.

the 2.5 actually refers to the amount of travel the bumps have and not the diameter of the bump itself

Last edited:

TheDuff

no sir. they actually have some adjustability built into the can if need be.

the 2.5 actually refers to the amount of travel the bumps have and not the diameter of the bump itself

To expand on that, you still gotta add a bump stop extension, which bolts to the spring perch that is on the axle side like this: 1394901761149.jpg
Obviously you would want to use the size bump stop needed for your lift height.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they come with 2.5" bumpstops

ChaosNein

To expand on that, you still gotta add a bump stop extension, which bolts to the spring perch that is on the axle side like this: View attachment 73794
Obviously you would want to use the size bump stop needed for your lift height.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they come with 2.5" bumpstops

correct! this simply replaces the factory foam

kevinp

correct! this simply replaces the factory foam

Yes, but it does up the eye candy quotient! :) And keeps it from bottoming out so hard. I'm going to order them (it'll be a couple of months. I have an Army-sponsored visit to another country to get through first).

Thanks for the info!
Kevin

Top Bottom