The building of knuckles

MTG

Caught the Bug
I have quite a bit I want to get done before JKX.

image-4227399375.jpg

image-1480455123.jpg

Figured I'd start a thread to track the progress. Not that anyone cares. :)

Tonight I had a few spare minutes so I decided to pull the ACE rock rails and stock rubicon sliders. EVO skins and sliders to be installed later.

Off with the old...

image-31514753.jpg

image-3922322399.jpg

I had previously had some LCA skids installed but never got around to painting them. Then I thought "WWGCMD" (what would GCM 2 do)? :) So I hit them with a little flat black to make them look nice.

image-2080061944.jpg

That's it for now...

Last edited:

GCM 2

1 question, 1 statement....

The PSC diff covers, are these their new design? :rock:

Glad you dropped the ACE rock sliders, those would have been very "problematic" on the JKX. Can't wait to see the finished product :thumb:

Edit: 1 additional statement....."and you shall go to the rattle can, embrace its powers, rejoice in its abilities to make all nice and somewhat newer, with cost less than that of powder coating, but you will appreciate it never the less" GCM 2 book of jeep 5:72

Last edited:

MTG

Caught the Bug
GCM 2 said:
The PSC diff covers, are these their new design? :rock:

Yep. The new ones.

image-3828629785.jpg

Edit: 1 additional statement....."and you shall go to the rattle can, embrace its powers, rejoice in its abilities to make all nice and somewhat newer, with cost less than that of powder coating, but you will appreciate it never the less" GCM 2 5:72

So it is written, so shall it be.

Hightower

I have quite a bit I want to get done before JKX.

View attachment 3875

View attachment 3876

Figured I'd start a thread to track the progress. Not that anyone cares. :)

Tonight I had a few spare minutes so I decided to pull the ACE rock rails and stock rubicon sliders. EVO skins and sliders to be installed later.

Last year we had a guy running no rock sliders at all I do believe he did a few $$$ damage..lol Better safe than sorry...

Sharkey

Word Ninja
You have a lot of boxes there.

Translation: I foresee two very sore attorneys with bloody fingers. :cheesy:

MTG

Caught the Bug
37s are on their way!

With the EVO Enforcer kit you can run either taller bump stops or flat fenders to fit 37s. I chose the latter.

I was able to get the rears installed tonight. Big thanks to Chris (2012jkfng702) for helping me cut these while in Vegas and to Ricky (notajerryskid) for the hookup on the spare set of fenders.

Crappy cell pics from my garage.

View attachment 3942

View attachment 3943

On to the fronts...maybe Wednesday. :)

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Sweet. I didn't know you had already cut the fenders.

Edit: you gonna need to take a BFH to the pinch seam to clear the 37's?

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Thanks LoPo. Did you install your EVO skins? Might need help figuring out the nutserts.

I don't have EVO skins. Nut certs are a pain. There are special tools that make them easy, I know ORE has them.

MTG

Caught the Bug
LoPo said:
I don't have EVO skins. Nut certs are a pain. There are special tools that make them easy, I know ORE has them.

Yeah I have it already. I'm just still a little uneasy drilling into my less-than-one-year-old rig having never done it before. Yikes! :)

You're more than welcome to come watch the chaos.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
MTG said:
Yeah I have it already. I'm just still a little uneasy drilling into my less-than-one-year-old rig having never done it before. Yikes! :)

I'm not. :cheesy: Just kidding.

Do you need to trim your pinch seams?

MTG

Caught the Bug
Notajerryskid said:
so much for not doing anything that is permanent :brows:

Yeah, that ship sailed a while ago. :) Funny how that happens. LOL!

"I'll probably just get a leveling kit and MAYBE 33"s when the factory ones wear out." MTG circa 2011

Last edited:

MTG

Caught the Bug
So the baseball game I was going to tonight at 7:05 turned out to be a 1:05 game. :doh:

Oh well, I figure no baseball, might as well chop the fenders right? Just about finished the drivers side when I broke the last of my dremel cutter do-hickeys (technical term). Too late to go to home depot so I just pulled both sides a called it a day.

image-769091420.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom