What lift do you think is best for me??

leximann

Okay, so I need some opinions here. I just got a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 2dr in Anvil and am thinking about lifting it .75-1", but I'm not sure which of the different types is best for me. Also what additional parts would be recommended (shock extensions, bump stop, etc.). Also I am thinking about putting some bigger tires on too, not too big but rugged enough to get the job done, any inputs or suggestions?
Thanks, and any inputs are greatly appreciated!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I guess it would help to know how big of a tire are you hoping to run? If you're just looking for a leveling kit, you really can't go wrong with any brand out there and it'll come with everything you need.

Brankz

Okay, so I need some opinions here. I just got a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 2dr in Anvil and am thinking about lifting it .75-1", but I'm not sure which of the different types is best for me. Also what additional parts would be recommended (shock extensions, bump stop, etc.). Also I am thinking about putting some bigger tires on too, not too big but rugged enough to get the job done, any inputs or suggestions?
Thanks, and any inputs are greatly appreciated!!

I just did a rubi suspension upgrade from a 4 door hard top rubi and I got about 1.75 inch of lift.

I also have a. 2 door sport

leximann

I guess it would help to know how big of a tire are you hoping to run? If you're just looking for a leveling kit, you really can't go wrong with any brand out there and it'll come with everything you need.

I'm hoping to run 17 or 18 inch fat tires and get some off-roading use out of it but nothing too extreme. And I was reading about different types like budget builds, suspension lift, body lift, or coil lift kit and with the different types I don't know what else would be needed. Thanks!

noroad

I'm hoping to run 17 or 18 inch fat tires and get some off-roading use out of it but nothing too extreme. And I was reading about different types like budget builds, suspension lift, body lift, or coil lift kit and with the different types I don't know what else would be needed. Thanks!

Are you trying to say you want a 17 0r 18 inch rim because i dont even think they sell tires that wide haha, stock tires are about a 29 inch tire, I would say a little spacer lift which are all the same and 33inch or 35 inch tire with a 12.5 width!

leximann

Are you trying to say you want a 17 0r 18 inch rim because i dont even think they sell tires that wide haha, stock tires are about a 29 inch tire, I would say a little spacer lift which are all the same and 33inch or 35 inch tire with a 12.5 width!

Yes that is what I am trying to say hahaha thanks! But if I did 18s on maybe 32 inch tire, similar to the Rubicon, what style of lift is better suited for me?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Yes that is what I am trying to say hahaha thanks! But if I did 18s on maybe 32 inch tire, similar to the Rubicon, what style of lift is better suited for me?

You don't need a lift to run 32's. And tires for an 18" rim are a lot more pricy then for a 17" rim.

JKbrick

If you get wheels with 3.5" or 4" backspacing it will stick them out of your wheel wells better also

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

IMG_5369.jpg
IMG_5502.jpg

Here is a before and after of my rig with stock Rubicon wheels and tires and the EVO leveling kit...I think it would look silly with much more lift and these little tires. I plan on running 35's with this setup while trimming my fenders to allow for articulation. If things go as planned I will be setting up air bump stops at the same time (you could simply use bump stop spacers), just in case I still have clearance issues.

HILLZ

i'm running a 2" Old man emu lift on the stock 17's with a 32" tyre at the moment
JK13.jpg
i only went the 2" lift as i will be getting some 35's on a spare set of wheels to put on for dedicated wheeling then the 32's for day to day.

leximann

i'm running a 2" Old man emu lift on the stock 17's with a 32" tyre at the moment
View attachment 74122
i only went the 2" lift as i will be getting some 35's on a spare set of wheels to put on for dedicated wheeling then the 32's for day to day.

Looks great, and sound like a pretty solid plan! I wish I could drop the cash on an Old Man Emu, they're great but a little pricey.. Any other suggestions on a comparable kit???

Since you have Sport a stock Rubicon suspension will give you what you are looking for. I personally have the EVO 3 in plush ride coils paired with Rancho RS9000 XL and will tell you it is like a comfy couch going down the road. Speed bumps and railroad tracks do not slow me down as Canvas just glides over them. It is a little bigger than what you are looking for but to me worth it for the ride.

R/
Will

leximann

Since you have Sport a stock Rubicon suspension will give you what you are looking for. I personally have the EVO 3 in plush ride coils paired with Rancho RS9000 XL and will tell you it is like a comfy couch going down the road. Speed bumps and railroad tracks do not slow me down as Canvas just glides over them. It is a little bigger than what you are looking for but to me worth it for the ride.

R/
Will

Oh yea, I'm sure that gives you a smooth ride! A smaller 2" version of your setup would be perfect.. I have no experience with installing or choosing components to a lift, so I was hoping to just get an all inclusive kit..

HILLZ

Oh yea, I'm sure that gives you a smooth ride! A smaller 2" version of your setup would be perfect.. I have no experience with installing or choosing components to a lift, so I was hoping to just get an all inclusive kit..

just got to your local 4wheel parts shop, wish we had shops like that here in Australia

Top Bottom