Smittybilt fenders with the factory fenders attached....

munstie

I remember seeing in a thread on here a guy in Canada cut and mounted his factory flares, on his Smittybilt fenders. Anybody know where I can find this post? I have already done a search with no results, any help would be appreciated. :thumbup:

JKUx

Hello Everyone

Here are pictures of my fender flares to help make my XRC fenders legal to drive on highways here in Nova Scotia Canada. Not sure about laws elsewhere in Canada and the USA. I made cardboard templates to the curves of XRC fenders then cut my factory flares to fit . Using nutserts at 4 point of XRC fender to attach them with angle brackets of Aluminum. I used bolts to match the XRC fenders to keep the theme of Smittybilt . The flares fit right along the top of fenders replaceable slide plates. Factory clearance lights on fenders are also reused, and just have to be unplugged when removing fenders. Nutserts keep it all nice and flush with the flares off. I can quickly remove them for heavy offroading or keep them on when the mud flies. No flares on dirt wet roads with these fenders = dirty windows LOL. They are sturdy no fluttering and keep the mud off and tire coverage is Awesome!

Top Bottom