Trasharoo

Woody3

Have any of you had a quality issue with the plastic clips? I've had mine for a week, and today while putting it on for a run a clip broke. Bummer!!!!

I already contacted the vendor and they are replacing the trasharoo. Good customer service.
I just was wondering if I need to think about other clip options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I use mine constantly and have never had a problem. I pack it full as well. Don't have a good picture. Very nice to have.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140312_100906.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140312_100906.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 439

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I've used mine for a couple of trips to the mall and the clips have held up fine. It was given to me by a friend who also used it on a couple of mall trips. Clips are still in good shape.

Woody3

Great news!!! Thank you for the responses.
I was thinking of the spring loaded metal clips. Guess I'll cross that bridge if I ever need to.

whiteyjfm

Never had a problem with the clips but on our bag the strap broke. I called them and they send out a new one right way. This one hold up just fine and since we have a 2 door with 2 big dogs, it get used every time we go wheeling. Very happy with it.

Woody3

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about their customer service (Rebel off road) it's been great.

I was just curious if I would experience clip failure on my "new" trasharoo.

jodonn

I've had mine on for a year now and no problems. It faded a little, but no complaints here. I have it packed with work clothes and tools. It definitely takes a beating. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395138141.355143.jpg

Woody3

Ok, so do you guys take yours off after your trips or do they stay on?

whiteyjfm

Ok, so do you guys take yours off after your trips or do they stay on?

The first one we left one most of the time, but after the strap broke, might have been the SoCal summer sun, we take if of now between trips since the Jeep is a daily driver too. It is a bit of a pain putting it up every time on the stock tire carrier, but better than dragging it along on the trail if it brakes again.

Woody3

That's kind of what I was thinking. I'm sure the Mojave desert sun would wreak havoc on the straps, buckles, and fabric.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
We always take mine of road trips out of town. Places we go we usually have to pack out what we pack in. Real great for the 2 dr owners. I also added a hitch tray as well. Cheeper than buying a 4 dr!:)

Woody3

They ended up sending a replacement buckle. The trasharoo is on and will stay on until the desert sun kills it. :D

They ended up sending a replacement buckle. The trasharoo is on and will stay on until the desert sun kills it. :D

I would seriously take it off. Remember my surfboard carrier I use to run around with on my truck? It didn't even last one summer out there. Same nylon straps and plastic buckles like the trasharoo.
Well, maybe not as heavy duty. But it still fell apart way to soon.

Top Bottom