The building of "StormTrooper"

Well as the title states, this is the build thread of my white 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport, StormTrooper. (Yes, i know...not the most original name!) I got the Jeep in March of 2012 and has been a great couple of years, learning and enjoying the Jeep WAYALIFE!

To start, here are a few photos i have of the Jeep Pre mods:
Here is the Jeep in stock form when i first got it
Screen Shot 2014-03-17 at 11.46.11 PM.jpg

One of the first times being off road in the Jeep, Somewhere in Palm Springs
Screen Shot 2014-03-18 at 12.07.35 AM.jpg

I did a lot of this when my Jeep was stock and luckily never got stuck. The only casualty was an engine fan clogged with mud
Screen Shot 2014-03-17 at 11.48.44 PM.jpg

Last edited:
First "mods" was the necessary American Flag decals to replace the factory "sport" and "Unlimited" decals
Screen Shot 2014-03-17 at 11.49.22 PM.png

And of course, I Plasti-dip'ed my wheels black
Screen Shot 2014-03-17 at 11.49.07 PM.jpg

After a little over a year of ownership, it was time for the real mods to begin!

-Rock Krawler 3.5" Flex system with Bilstein 5100 shocks
-AFE Y-Pipe to help clear the front driveshaft
-17" Method Race Wheels "Double Standard"
-SuperChips Flashcal to adjust tire size
-35/12.5/r17 BFG KM2's
Screen Shot 2014-03-18 at 12.12.24 AM.png

A couple pictures of the lift install
IMG_5274.jpg

Here is the finished product of the first round of mods, i ended up going with Toyo Open Country M/T's due to the nation-wide backorder of the BFG KM2's.
Screen Shot 2014-03-17 at 11.45.28 PM.png

Unfortunately i lost many of the install photos but it was a great learning experience for my dad and i to install the lift, and misc. parts!

I got tired of looking at the blank space where the "Rubicon" decal would go if i had one, so i ordered a personal decal
Screen Shot 2014-03-18 at 2.50.42 PM.jpg

Last edited:

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Sean, I did the same thing with the aFe Y-pipe. Since you did a 3.5" lift, make sure you test the droop in the front end now. If your CV joint is maxed out at full droop, you may end up damaging the joint. And since you can't repair them, you may have to replace the shaft with a double cardan shaft. It sucks I know, but you may be able to keep driving it the way it is as long as you're careful about that and inspect it regularly.

I ended up buying a 1350 DS from Reel in the front just to be safe. I can't afford to break it on the trail. You should be okay in the rear for now since it's at a slightly better angle from the transfer case.

Good luck and nice rig brother!

Sean, I did the same thing with the aFe Y-pipe. Since you did a 3.5" lift, make sure you test the droop in the front end now. If your CV joint is maxed out at full droop, you may end up damaging the joint. And since you can't repair them, you may have to replace the shaft with a double cardan shaft. It sucks I know, but you may be able to keep driving it the way it is as long as you're careful about that and inspect it regularly.

I ended up buying a 1350 DS from Reel in the front just to be safe. I can't afford to break it on the trail. You should be okay in the rear for now since it's at a slightly better angle from the transfer case.

Good luck and nice rig brother!

Yea I knew the driveshaft would go bad anyways but it lasted a good amount of time without trouble. But now the boot is torn and it flung Grease all over the undercarriage, I plan to replace it with a 1350 JE reel shaft when I get 37's or if the factory shaft gives out completely. Thanks for the advice and the compliment!

looks good sean, always love those wheels.

Thank you! I like them too, but of course right after I got them, they came out with a new design that I prefer more. I do plan to get a set of ATX Slabs when I upgrade to 37's and get a new axle under the front end.

Lol nice, I've been thinking about it and trying to decide if I want custom hood decals and what to get it to say.

If you decide on it, check out pixeldecal.com. I got my American flags and hood decal that I will post a picture of later.l from there. They're holding up great after mud and pressure washers, branches, etc

VADER JK

If you decide on it, check out pixeldecal.com. I got my American flags and hood decal that I will post a picture of later.l from there. They're holding up great after mud and pressure washers, branches, etc

Yeah I was actually on there earlier looking at the options. Great decal site for sure.

Next round of mods were the following:

-Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers (powder coated black)
-teraflex hinged tire carrier and HD tire mount
-2 gallon rotopax/ hi lift mount
-2 gallon rotopax
-48" Hi lift jack

Not the best photo, but here is a shot of the teraflex mount and rotopax during a little poser shot with my buddy and his 1989 toyota land cruiser
Screen Shot 2014-03-18 at 2.09.35 PM.png

And here is a shot of the Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers
Screen Shot 2014-03-18 at 2.04.23 PM.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom