Winches

leximann

My husband has finally talked me into investing in a winch.. Ive been looking at the Quadratec line, as well as mounting options. Ideally, I would like one that is removable for day to day driving, but capable to save me if needed. Ive seen the RockHard factory bumper mounting plate, and was wondering if mounting it to the factory bumper plays any real part in its durability? What would be recommended for easy install/ take off? Also winch wise, have any opinions on Quadratecs line, or the ones at Harbor Freight?

My JK doesnt have many mods, and I dont plan on it being too heavy if that helps at all!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
here is a good thread to view on winches. some good consumer info in here compared to whats in the magazines

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?4508-The-Winch-Thread&highlight=winch

i personally run a quadratec q9000 and it has worked great for me. no complaints and i know a few people that have really put theres to the test with no failure after a couple of years.

warn is obviously the best (outside of the VR series i think it is) and the one mostly recommended by everyone

leximann

here is a good thread to view on winches. some good consumer info in here compared to whats in the magazines

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?4508-The-Winch-Thread&highlight=winch

i personally run a quadratec q9000 and it has worked great for me. no complaints and i know a few people that have really put theres to the test with no failure after a couple of years.

warn is obviously the best (outside of the VR series i think it is) and the one mostly recommended by everyone

Thanks, Ill definitely check out that link. And the q9000 model is actually the one I was looking at. Would you recommend mounting it to the factor bumper vs. buying a different one?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thanks, Ill definitely check out that link. And the q9000 model is actually the one I was looking at. Would you recommend mounting it to the factor bumper vs. buying a different one?

i bought a different one cause it was a package deal quadratec was doing at the time. its the Ruggid Ridge bumper. here is a pic back when i had it installed.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1363307878.094398.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1363307878.094398.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 130
If you can hold off until Jeep Beach you can get a deal on Waren's. I picked up my Zeon there last year for $200 off plus received the recovery bag. Just a thought. Jeep Beach is a great place to get accessories. I picked up my sport cage there and saved about $150 plus shipping.

R/
Will

RamP

I have a Warn winch plate for a stock JK bumper for sale if your interested. I'm going to an aftermarket bumper. Depending on the winch you get it will block the grill a bit. And once installed I don't think I've seen one that's easily removed. Considering the wiring to the battery.
Shoot me a pm if you'd like pics.

leximann

If you can hold off until Jeep Beach you can get a deal on Waren's. I picked up my Zeon there last year for $200 off plus received the recovery bag. Just a thought. Jeep Beach is a great place to get accessories. I picked up my sport cage there and saved about $150 plus shipping.

R/
Will

Sweet, looks like I'm waiting! Thanks for the tip!

Top Bottom