Superchips?

leximann

What do you guys think about a SuperChip FlashPaq? Anyone have one? Do you think the FlashPaq is better than the cheaper FlashCal? If it offers what seems like a wide variety of improvements from tpms adjustability to correcting the speedometer with larger tires.. Think its worth the investment?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The Flashpaq will do what the Flashcal does but will also allow you to tune your engine for better performance. I have run one on both a manual and an automatic and would only really recommend it for the later. On a manual, you don't really see too much difference.

TheDuff

Supposedly superchips is also upgrading their traildash for the 2011 up last I heard

Someone had posted that they have a traildash working on Their 2012, apparently the box has a sticker on it stating compatibility and the super chips site says it covers 1998-2014 now

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I know for a fact that the Flashpaq is good through 2014 and to the best of my knowledge, the Traildash should now be as well.

leximann

I know for a fact that the Flashpaq is good through 2014 and to the best of my knowledge, the Traildash should now be as well.

I saw on their website that it was compatible. I was looking at the Traildash, it looks awesome. But since my JK is automatic, Im thinking I should go ahead and grab one eventually..

cv3

I have one on a 2011 with a 6 speed and I have to say I am very happy with the flashpac. It was super easy to use. I did notice a difference in performance and fuel use. Best features for me being tpms light is gone and accurate speedo with the 35s. I would recommend.

terrabit

My understanding is that FlashPaq does nothing to adjust shift points for 2012+ automatics beyond recalibrating for tire size and dif gear changes, which the FlashCal will do anyway. Please correct me of I'm wrong, I have a FlashCal and would upgrade if it improved shift points. From what I've read, the ECM for the tranny is independent from the ECM for the engine and Superchips hasn't figured out how to hack it yet. Again, please correct me if I'm wrong.

AZDIESELPIG

My understanding is that FlashPaq does nothing to adjust shift points for 2012+ automatics beyond recalibrating for tire size and dif gear changes, which the FlashCal will do anyway. Please correct me of I'm wrong, I have a FlashCal and would upgrade if it improved shift points. From what I've read, the ECM for the tranny is independent from the ECM for the engine and Superchips hasn't figured out how to hack it yet. Again, please correct me if I'm wrong.

I would have to say this is wrong. The controller on the tranny has the gear ratio and that is what teh flashcal/Paq write to inorder to change the gear ratio. So they have "cracked" that.

I have the flashcal , regreared to 5.13's and i dont think it did anything for shift points - still stock shift points. If you have the flashCal you can now upgrade it to the FlashPaq for $180 using the updater.

Your performance Tunes will change shift points I am guesing.

Last edited:

2trackin

I have both a Flashpaq and just upgraded to the traildash on my 2014.
No shift point programming that I can tell has been done. However shifts do seem more firm. Throttle response is greatly improved with a little more horse power at the higher revs and some added torque down low.
I'd say the investment is worth it on an automatic. On a manual a may or may not opt for it. But like I said the throttle response is nice.
That being said I have a like new Flashpaq (2 months old) for sale. Pm me if interested.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

terrabit

I have both a Flashpaq and just upgraded to the traildash on my 2014.
No shift point programming that I can tell has been done. However shifts do seem more firm. Throttle response is greatly improved with a little more horse power at the higher revs and some added torque down low.
I'd say the investment is worth it on an automatic. On a manual a may or may not opt for it. But like I said the throttle response is nice.
That being said I have a like new Flashpaq (2 months old) for sale. Pm me if interested.

What tune are you using? What octane?

2trackin

I have used the 87 octane tune and the 93 octane tune. The difference in the two is honestly not very noticeable. But from factory tune to the Superchips tunes are fairly noticeable.

espi

I actually found using the tow tune and 92 octane to be a nice combo. I also used the 87 and 93 and so far the tow tune is my favorite.

ghost13

flashpaq

I actually found using the tow tune and 92 octane to be a nice combo. I also used the 87 and 93 and so far the tow tune is my favorite.

actually now have the bully dog set up....( thanks to the old lady).... but i had started with the flash cal which i got on the forum for 100. bucks.. after a day i wanted more tuning ability. so i went to superchips web site and they offer a download for 179.00 to turn your flashcal into a flash paq. so thats what i did then a day and a half later my ol lady surprised my with the bully dog. ( who says they dont understand...lolol..):rock:

tennesseegator

I have used the 87 octane tune and the 93 octane tune. The difference in the two is honestly not very noticeable. But from factory tune to the Superchips tunes are fairly noticeable.

Six-speed here. I recently got a flashpaq, and the power increase even for just 87 octane is very noticeable. Even if it isn't a huge power bump, it gives a little more oomph in the low end and definitely smooths out the power between 500-3500 rpm.

Today I filled up with 93 and put the 93 tune on it. I don't feel any difference, and if there is any it must be high up in the powerband. Guess I won't find out because it's not like I'm doing 7,000 rpm pulls onto the freeway :sFun_hot::bleh:

Top Bottom