Wallet Friendly Lift?

2013blackrubicon

Hey Everyone, So I'm planning on lifting my JKU soon and I wanted to know your thoughts on the Rancho 3" Trail suspension system with the RS5000 shocks. Ill be running 35's with stock wheels, so will I need spacers? Is anyone running this lift or has run it in the past? Are there any lifts you would recommend besides this one for a 3" lift? Any input is much appreciated. Some day I plan to run the EVO DTD but thats a year or so away :bleh:

Ill answer one thing for you. You will differently need wheel spacers to run 35's on stock wheels

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

kevinp

Like dude said, you'll need spacers. I had to add 2" spacers for mine with the RK 2.5" MT to stop it from running the LCAs at steering lock.

Sincerely,
Kevin

From my Samsung GS4

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
also what do you think about the Rough Country Series II 3.5" lift... its much cheaper :thinking:

Well, Rancho makes good quality, made in the USA stuff. I would personally skip the 5000s and go for the MT7000s if it were me. A monotube is going to give you a much better ride than an old school hydro. Maybe look into the Ranch 2" sport system if your on a tight budget. I think it retails for around 450 bucks with the 9000 adjustable hydro shocks and also comes with front bumpstops and rear brake line drop brackets. I have not heard of or seen the new Rough Country lift, so I cannot comment there. Just some thoughts.

2013blackrubicon

Well, Rancho makes good quality, made in the USA stuff. I would personally skip the 5000s and go for the MT7000s if it were me. A monotube is going to give you a much better ride than an old school hydro. Maybe look into the Ranch 2" sport system if your on a tight budget. I think it retails for around 450 bucks with the 9000 adjustable hydro shocks and also comes with front bumpstops and rear brake line drop brackets. I have not heard of or seen the new Rough Country lift, so I cannot comment there. Just some thoughts.

Ok thank you... With the advice I'm now thinking about doing the Rancho 3" trail series lift with the 9000 shocks.. For me safety is number one, then comes reliability and last is "coolness" :thumb:

BigBoy

If your truly only a year away from the EVO DTD, why not just wait, save the money and get the DTD a few months sooner by not having had purchased a temporary lift?

jeeeep

Hooked
Wallet Friendly Lift? ... no such thing, once you start modding it's a never ending trickle until the next mod then the next.... :cheesy:

TrailBear

Depending on what type of wheeling your doing you could go with a levelling kit to help clear the. 35's for now, that's what I am currently running. Save you about half of what lift will cost , you can still do mild wheeling.

FireWire79

I run three Rancho 2" lift with the 9000XLs and it's a pretty good lift. The install was easy, the ride is much better than what I was experiencing with stock.

It only came in around $400, which I feel was a good deal. You will need spacers for the 35s, and you also need to consider budgeting for new driveshafts.

2013blackrubicon

If I am getting a four inch enforcer lift and I am running 35's now but may end up going to 37's would you recommend i get the bump stops for 35's or 37's?

Top Bottom