Compass

JeepFan

Hooked
I had the same problem but for some reason it straightened itself out over time. It's not dead on but, it's close.

Ever since I put my cb on my dash it has been backwards anyone have this problem ?

Look in your owners manual and it should tell you how to calibrate your compass. Have you tried disconnecting the battery for 3-5 minutes and then reconnecting it? Another thing to try is, if you can, remove your CB and see if your compass goes back to normal. You may have some electrical interference.

R/
Will

trailless

Caught the Bug
Its most likely a magnetic device in the CB such ad the speaker. You could relocated the compass.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Your compass is located directly underneath the top panel of the center stack. Your CB magnet will throw it off.

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
Ok guys my compass is backwards and I’ve tried re-calibration per the owners manual and nothing. My OCD is getting the best of me the Nav on my system is correct it’s just the one on the dashboard isn’t

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

Ok guys my compass is backwards and I’ve tried re-calibration per the owners manual and nothing. My OCD is getting the best of me the Nav on my system is correct it’s just the one on the dashboard isn’t

As mentioned above, if you've got anything magnetic or metallic above the center of the dash, it messes with the compass.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
Nope nothing the only thing I haven’t tried which I’m going to today is disconnecting the battery. I did install a new lift and if I remember correctly that it could through it off from a angle change

BaddestCross

Nope nothing the only thing I haven’t tried which I’m going to today is disconnecting the battery. I did install a new lift and if I remember correctly that it could through it off from a angle change

Did you put the front control arms in the rear? I heard that would make the Jeep think it's going backwards. 😎

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

duktrx

I never got my to recalibrate, so I unscrewed it from the bottom of the panel over the radio and turned it 180 degrees. My radio died, car toys had a sale with free installation, they screwed up the installation of the radio and killed my backup camera, I figured they disconnected it and installed it backwards.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using WAYALIFE mobile app

duktrx

I never got mine to recalibrate, so I unscrewed it from the bottom of the panel over the radio and turned it 180 degrees. My radio died, car toys had a sale with free installation, they screwed up the installation of the radio and killed my backup camera, I figured they disconnected it and installed it backwards.

Top Bottom