Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Compass

Compass

Ever since I put my cb on my dash it has been backwards anyone have this problem ?

I had the same problem but for some reason it straightened itself out over time. It's not dead on but, it's close.

-
    Quote Originally Posted by tapcola View Post
    Ever since I put my cb on my dash it has been backwards anyone have this problem ?
    Look in your owners manual and it should tell you how to calibrate your compass. Have you tried disconnecting the battery for 3-5 minutes and then reconnecting it? Another thing to try is, if you can, remove your CB and see if your compass goes back to normal. You may have some electrical interference.

R/
    Will

Its most likely a magnetic device in the CB such ad the speaker. You could relocated the compass.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Your compass is located directly underneath the top panel of the center stack. Your CB magnet will throw it off.

Ok guys my compass is backwards and Iíve tried re-calibration per the owners manual and nothing. My OCD is getting the best of me the Nav on my system is correct itís just the one on the dashboard isnít

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    2016 JKU

Quote Originally Posted by Edwrds View Post
    Ok guys my compass is backwards and Iíve tried re-calibration per the owners manual and nothing. My OCD is getting the best of me the Nav on my system is correct itís just the one on the dashboard isnít

As mentioned above, if you've got anything magnetic or metallic above the center of the dash, it messes with the compass.

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

Nope nothing the only thing I havenít tried which Iím going to today is disconnecting the battery. I did install a new lift and if I remember correctly that it could through it off from a angle change

2016 JKU

Quote Originally Posted by Edwrds View Post
    Nope nothing the only thing I havenít tried which Iím going to today is disconnecting the battery. I did install a new lift and if I remember correctly that it could through it off from a angle change

Did you put the front control arms in the rear? I heard that would make the Jeep think it's going backwards. 😎

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

Compass

Quote Originally Posted by BaddestCross View Post
    Did you put the front control arms in the rear? I heard that would make the Jeep think it's going backwards.

--
    Yea I know it sounds stupid
    Was waiting for someone to tell me not to look at it

2016 JKU

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast