Trail60 vs. PR60?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yup, those 2 links ^^^ are what you're wanting to see. A Trail 60 is Dynatrac's base 60 and it can be had for a lot less and then of course, you can customize it to the point of where it is a ProRock. A ProRock will start you off with most of the bells and whistles you would want if you play hard and then will still allow you to modify it a bit more.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Bolt pattern as well. You can run 5x5 with the Trail 60, but that's not an option on the PR60. This would be a big factor if you already have wheels and don't want to run an adapter.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Bolt pattern as well. You can run 5x5 with the Trail 60, but that's not an option on the PR60. This would be a big factor if you already have wheels and don't want to run an adapter.

Holy thread revival!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Main reason is because the trail 60 is still semi float which is why the 5x5 is an option. If you want full foot get a pr60

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Main reason is because the trail 60 is still semi float which is why the 5x5 is an option. If you want full foot get a pr60

Agreed. And I'll never "need" a full float although that would be nice, but the semi-float PR60 only comes in a 5.5x5, 6 lug or 8 lug option. If the day ever comes, I'll probably get the Trail, upgrade to the PR60 housing and call it a day. Getting the bigger ring gear and thicker tubes would be my main reason to upgrade.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Agreed. And I'll never "need" a full float although that would be nice, but the semi-float PR60 only comes in a 5.5x5, 6 lug or 8 lug option. If the day ever comes, I'll probably get the Trail, upgrade to the PR60 housing and call it a day. Getting the bigger ring gear and thicker tubes would be my main reason to upgrade.

Me personally I would only get rid of my rear 44 if I went full float. Going semi float again still leaves the flange as the weak point in the axle. Jnabird, noroad, and I had some long conversations about this lol

Lance628

Me personally I would only get rid of my rear 44 if I went full float. Going semi float again still leaves the flange as the weak point in the axle. Jnabird, noroad, and I had some long conversations about this lol

Coz what's the biggest tires you would run on your rear 44???

Lance628

Short answer, 37's.

Thanks that's what I'm getting ready for in the spring put a pr 44 in the front I'm having the rear re geared and a arb air locker put in I was thinking about upgrading the shafts at the same time any thought on good shafts???

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Coz what's the biggest tires you would run on your rear 44???

Thanks that's what I'm getting ready for in the spring put a pr 44 in the front I'm having the rear re geared and a arb air locker put in I was thinking about upgrading the shafts at the same time any thought on good shafts???

Am mentioned 37's is the largest I plan on going and the largest you can/should do on the the stock rear.

You will have the same set up as me then. I recently just installed revolution axle shafts from trail jeeps and they are nice. They are 4340 chromoly and come with a lifetime warranty. This means even if you bend the flange on them you can get a new one for free. They are super beefy.

Lance628

Am mentioned 37's is the largest I plan on going and the largest you can/should do on the the stock rear.

You will have the same set up as me then. I recently just installed revolution axle shafts from trail jeeps and they are nice. They are 4340 chromoly and come with a lifetime warranty. This means even if you bend the flange on them you can get a new one for free. They are super beefy.

Thanks coz I'll check those out

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug

The lug patterns you list are the full float options. The semi float pr60 is 5x5. The trail60 with pr60 housing is the semifloat pr60.

The flanges are still the weak point since semi float but the flanges and shafts are much beefier.

Last edited:

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Me personally I would only get rid of my rear 44 if I went full float. Going semi float again still leaves the flange as the weak point in the axle.

That's fair. But at least that flange is on a much thicker, beefier axle shaft than a stock axle. There's always gonna be a weak point somewhere.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
The lug patterns you list are the full float options. The semi float pr60 is 5x5. The trail60 with pr60 housing is the semifloat pr60.

The flanges are still the weak point since semi float but the flanges and shafts are much beefier.

I went back and checked and you're right. 5x5 and 5.5x5 are standard on the rear. 5x5 is not standard on the front I'm guessing because of the size of the hubs.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
I went back and checked and you're right. 5x5 and 5.5x5 are standard on the rear. 5x5 is not standard on the front I'm guessing because of the size of the hubs.

Ya the semi float pr60 matches up with the pr44. They look like this when they show up :)

Attachments

• 1446777572997.jpg
    1446777572997.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 172

JAGS

Hooked

And they are made in USA. [emoji106][emoji631][emoji631] It's what I recently went with as well.

All this said, I saw today a teaser that Dynatrac is doing axle shafts for the 44s?? Curious what that is all about.

Top Bottom