lifts

hickey800

hey i am new to this i am planning on trading my recent truck(2011 f150 leveled with 33" mickey Thompson MTZ) in for a new Rubicon unlimited next month and want to start doing a bit more offroading, i am looking to get a lift (3.5-4") and going to run 35s at first will be planning to run 37s eventually i just dont want to regear right away until i get my jeep build the way i want, i am just wondering what kind of lifts everyones running i would like to buy one where i can order it and all the parts are there i dont need to order more parts was looking at a Rancho (4 Inch Long Arm Lift Kit-RANRS6509) (4 Inch Crawler Lift Kit- #RANRS66104) (4 Inch Long Arm Suspension Lift Kit-#RANRS66105) i will run the (RS9000XL Series Shock Absorber #RANRS999330) if i plan to get either them but just want to know everyones opinion on these lifts and which one would be better or if they know another one i would be more happy with anyones info would be appreciated and if you need any more info just ask

- also is there any really good complete kits i can get that wont involve cutting/welding and is straight blot on, probably stupid question but i just wondering

Last edited:
I do not have any experience with the lift you mentioned but I do know the Rancho RS9000 XL shocks. I have them paired with the EVO Plush Ride coils. I do not the price of the lift and long arm kit you are looking at. Maybe Rancho will chime in. I do know going bigger than 3 inches will require new front drive shaft. Seeing show you are looking at 37's a 1350 drive shaft for JE Reel or Coast would work best for you. I would also recommend putting C gussets on. Also pushing 37 will give your steering a fit. Some have gone to a ram assist like PSC. Something to keep in mind as your jeep grows.

Congrats on the new JK

R/
Will

Sent from my fRuit product using WAL

hickey800

thanks for the reply i did know i would have to replace the driveshaft but thanks for the extra info for when i do decide to get 37s is there anything else i would have to replace just for the 35s or would the lift, shocks, and driveshaft be all i need??

hickey800

i also read that "On 2012 and 2013 Jeep Wrangler JKs, the system requires the use of a Rancho cross-over exhaust pipe kit (RS72003) or a new front driveshaft" does this mean that if i get the new drive shaft i will not need the cross over exhaust pipe or do i need both of them ??

TheDuff

i also read that "On 2012 and 2013 Jeep Wrangler JKs, the system requires the use of a Rancho cross-over exhaust pipe kit (RS72003) or a new front driveshaft" does this mean that if i get the new drive shaft i will not need the cross over exhaust pipe or do i need both of them ??

It's one or the other

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
hey i am new to this i am planning on trading my recent truck(2011 f150 leveled with 33" mickey Thompson MTZ) in for a new Rubicon unlimited next month and want to start doing a bit more offroading, i am looking to get a lift (3.5-4") and going to run 35s at first will be planning to run 37s eventually i just dont want to regear right away until i get my jeep build the way i want, i am just wondering what kind of lifts everyones running i would like to buy one where i can order it and all the parts are there i dont need to order more parts was looking at a Rancho (4 Inch Long Arm Lift Kit-RANRS6509) (4 Inch Crawler Lift Kit- #RANRS66104) (4 Inch Long Arm Suspension Lift Kit-#RANRS66105) i will run the (RS9000XL Series Shock Absorber #RANRS999330) if i plan to get either them but just want to know everyones opinion on these lifts and which one would be better or if they know another one i would be more happy with anyones info would be appreciated and if you need any more info just ask

- also is there any really good complete kits i can get that wont involve cutting/welding and is straight blot on, probably stupid question but i just wondering

Clayton Offroad - they offer complete bolt-on kits. I've been running their 3.5 lift and have had no problems from the day i installed it. Great instructions and support from them.
I will say their springs offer a better ride with a load on them - i thought they were a little stiff (could be getting older lol) but once I put weight on them (that would be similar to bumpers, winch etc...) the ride felt better.

I've also driven a friends Jeep with EVO Enforcer kit and it's a nice ride, springs seemed softer but he already has his bumpers, winch etc mounted up.

I had Teraflex on an older Jeep I owned and I'd stay away from them. The issues I had to deal with made me think about ever getting another lift but after a lot of research I went with Clayton.

Welcome and enjoy the ride :beer:

hickey800

Clayton Offroad - they offer complete bolt-on kits. I've been running their 3.5 lift and have had no problems from the day i installed it. Great instructions and support from them.
I will say their springs offer a better ride with a load on them - i thought they were a little stiff (could be getting older lol) but once I put weight on them (that would be similar to bumpers, winch etc...) the ride felt better.

I've also driven a friends Jeep with EVO Enforcer kit and it's a nice ride, springs seemed softer but he already has his bumpers, winch etc mounted up.

I had Teraflex on an older Jeep I owned and I'd stay away from them. The issues I had to deal with made me think about ever getting another lift but after a lot of research I went with Clayton.

Welcome and enjoy the ride :beer:

thanks for the reply ill look into a clayton kit, do you know if either these kits i am looking at above can be just blotted on i know it needs old mounts cut off but that is just common sense, i am after reading a couple good things about the rancho lifts see like alot of people liked them

Leocon

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

I personally would recommend the 4" Crawler Kit over the long arm kit. Even with 37's and 4" of lift, it's all you really need and your factory length arms will be plenty long enough. If anything, I might recommend that you not install the dropped pitman arm and opt for an EVO drag link flip/front track bar relocation kit instead. Another reason to consider the Rancho kit is that they are running a promotion right now that will get you a $400 check card with your purchase. That's a HUGE savings! As mentioned, you will need to factor in for a new front drive shaft.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
thanks man that helped alot, i would still have to buy new shocks with that wont i if so what kind do ye recommend would the rancho ones i was talking about above work i am after reading alot of good comments on them

Yes, you will still need to get shocks and the Rancho 9000's will work well with it. I have installed that exact Clayton kit and it's good but if it were up to me, I would go with the EVO Enforcer kit instead. The coils are by far the most comfortable ones I have ridden on bar none. Run it with a set of Rancho shocks instead of the Kings and I think you will find that it's a more affordable option as well.

Panda

Yes, you will still need to get shocks and the Rancho 9000's will work well with it. I have installed that exact Clayton kit and it's good but if it were up to me, I would go with the EVO Enforcer kit instead. The coils are by far the most comfortable ones I have ridden on bar none. Run it with a set of Rancho shocks instead of the Kings and I think you will find that it's a more affordable option as well.

I helped a fellow wayalifer install his enforcer lift yesterday & he let me take it for a spin & WOW! Am I ever impressed with the ride of the plush coils & now my RE coils are garbage I need an enforcer lift BAD! :(

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I helped a fellow wayalifer install his enforcer lift yesterday & he let me take it for a spin & WOW! Am I ever impressed with the ride of the plush coils & now my RE coils are garbage I need an enforcer lift BAD! :(

LOL!! Feelin is belivin.

hickey800

thank you for the information, so you think the evo enforcer kit or the rancho 4" crawler kit with rancho 9000 shocks would be best for what i want, would you be able to tell me the differences in the kits and what they both include, i have read both of them on their sites but kinda have hard time really understanding what comes in them or anything else i need for them, i know i need a new front drive shaft which would you recommend in that to thanks for the help

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
thank you for the information, so you think the evo enforcer kit or the rancho 4" crawler kit with rancho 9000 shocks would be best for what i want, would you be able to tell me the differences in the kits and what they both include, i have read both of them on their sites but kinda have hard time really understanding what comes in them or anything else i need for them, i know i need a new front drive shaft which would you recommend in that to thanks for the help

Before I answer that, you might want to consider what kind of budget you have to work with and go from there. There really is no beating the Rancho Crawler Kit in terms of price especially with the $400 rebate they are offering right now. That being said, I personally prefer the EVO Enforcer kit being that it does come with Plush Ride coils and I do prefer their drag link flip/front track bar relocation bracket over a dropped pitman arm setup. The Rancho kit does come with more control arms but, the lowers are fixed and only the uppers are adjustable. The EVO kit will only come with adjustable front lower arms but really, they are all you need to set your caster and they are made with Johnny Joints instead of polyurethane bushings. The later can squeak quite a bit if you don't stay on top of greasing them. Either way, I don't think you can go wrong. I might also recommend that you give the Rancho 7000 MT shocks a look as they are more affordable and are actually really nice monotubes. I am running a set of them now on my XJ and like them a lot.

hickey800

I personally would recommend the 4" Crawler Kit over the long arm kit. Even with 37's and 4" of lift, it's all you really need and your factory length arms will be plenty long enough. If anything, I might recommend that you not install the dropped pitman arm and opt for an EVO drag link flip/front track bar relocation kit instead. Another reason to consider the Rancho kit is that they are running a promotion right now that will get you a $400 check card with your purchase. That's a HUGE savings! As mentioned, you will need to factor in for a new front drive shaft.

so i checked out the evo drag link flip and it says that theres one for the stock axel size and one for the pro rock 44 size and was wondering what one to go with where the Rubicon i plan to get has the dana 44 axels

10frank9

Web Wheeler
so i checked out the evo drag link flip and it says that theres one for the stock axel size and one for the pro rock 44 size and was wondering what one to go with where the Rubicon i plan to get has the dana 44 axels

Order stock. Dynatrac makes the prorock44 axle and unless you plan on getting one before you install the lift, you'd be buying something you can't use.

hickey800

Before I answer that, you might want to consider what kind of budget you have to work with and go from there. There really is no beating the Rancho Crawler Kit in terms of price especially with the $400 rebate they are offering right now. That being said, I personally prefer the EVO Enforcer kit being that it does come with Plush Ride coils and I do prefer their drag link flip/front track bar relocation bracket over a dropped pitman arm setup. The Rancho kit does come with more control arms but, the lowers are fixed and only the uppers are adjustable. The EVO kit will only come with adjustable front lower arms but really, they are all you need to set your caster and they are made with Johnny Joints instead of polyurethane bushings. The later can squeak quite a bit if you don't stay on top of greasing them. Either way, I don't think you can go wrong. I might also recommend that you give the Rancho 7000 MT shocks a look as they are more affordable and are actually really nice monotubes. I am running a set of them now on my XJ and like them a lot.

money will not really be to much of a concern as long as i stay under 2500-3000 so im leaning toward the enforcer because i plan to install it myself and seems like its little less work without the extra control arms, but so you say i will only need the front adjustable lower arms, plus im sure when more money comes around i could upgrade the other arms right, and you think the 7000mt will be better off than the 9000s,

Top Bottom