Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Protek oil pan skid

Protek oil pan skid

Will the Evo protek skid for my 2014 work without the rest of the protek skids I don't have the 400 for all of them off the bat was wondering if I can just buy them piece by piece

-
    I believe Eddie is just running the protek skid on both of his JK's.

Yes you can buy just the individual skid and should work independently.

R/
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarbear View Post
    Will the Evo protek skid for my 2014 work without the rest of the protek skids I don't have the 400 for all of them off the bat was wondering if I can just buy them piece by piece
    Yeah your good with just the oil and tranny skids I have all of them and the cross member one makes a lot of noise with exhaust once you hit something with it. You haff ta keep going under and bending it back out

Sent from my SCH-I605 using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Attached Images Attached Images

This is how I do mine

Not That Kind of Engineer olram30's Avatar
    Yes, I have just the oil pan on now. Other parts are in the garage. Just no time to install. But you can run just the oil pan skid. Extra 90 bucks for the tranny skid..

-
    Quote Originally Posted by hdawgn40 View Post
    Yeah your good with just the oil and tranny skids I have all of them and the cross member one makes a lot of noise with exhaust once you hit something with it. You haff ta keep going under and bending it back out

This might help you....

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?9...eferrerid=6983

To the OP, the only risk in only doing the engine skid would be bending the ears before you can get the tranny skid mounted.

http://www.northridge4x4.com/shop/of...kid-evo-1091-b

Just wanna double check this says for 2012 they haven't changed anything to 2014 to make this not fit right ?

-
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarbear View Post
    http://www.northridge4x4.com/shop/of...kid-evo-1091-b

Just wanna double check this says for 2012 they haven't changed anything to 2014 to make this not fit right ?
    I have it on my 13' and I'm installing a set on a 14' this weekend. I thought the EVO site listed "12+" but can't confirm as there appears to be an issue with either my computer or their site.

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by hdawgn40 View Post

Did a search and didnt see an answer so sorry if this question has been covered before, I am looking to get the 3 piece EVO ProTeK Skid set. I have the exhaust spacer that pushed my exhaust back a couple inches so my stock driveshaft would not rub. Will I be able to use these skids? I am planning on getting the JE reel 1350 soon so if needed I can unmodify my exhaust pipe. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by AZJeepRubicon; 03-26-2014 at 10:13 PM.

The Original Smartass piginajeep's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AZJeepRubicon View Post
    Did a searcha nd didnt see an answer so sorry if this question has been covered before, I am looking to get the 3 piece EVO ProTeK Skid set. I have the exhaust spacer that pushed my exhause back a couple inches so my stock driveshaft would not rub. Will I be able to use these skids? I am planning on getting the JE reel 1350 soon so if needed I can unmodify my exhust pipe. Thanks in advance!
    No, with spacers you can not use the exhaust skid, it lowers the exhaust below the cross member
    2012 JK8
    1958 FC170 (Jeep Forward Control)
    1953 M38A1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast